9: You Owe Me an Explanation

Loki

Great. I passed out in my student's apartment. Damn, why does that sword have to bring me too much problem at a wrong time? I made my student worry for me so much. I should apologize to her. I woke up with the blinding rays of sunlight streaming on the window, feeling the softest sheets surround my still aching body. Gosh, is she a royalty? Her bed is the SOFTEST bed I have laid on. 

As I got up, I see her slumped down on the chaise lounge, a blanket barely covering her small, petite body. Poor Abby, I see she really stayed up late at night just to care of me. I really should make it up to her. Mustering my strength to get up, I walked towards her and gently carried her to the bed without waking her up. It seems that I failed; she squinted at the lights as she rubbed sleep off her eyes. "Eheh, good morning." I smiled at her. 

She tried to sit up on the bed. "Are you feeling okay now?" she asks as she placed her dorsal side of her hand on my forehead to check if I am having fever. Her eyes show concern as she gazed at my eyes that worry for her as well. She really is dead tired, and I don't want her worrying for me even more. 

"Yes, I am now. You should get some rest." I tell her as I walk out of her room to prepare us breakfast. 
"But what about your breakfast? You cannot leave this flat without having it," she yells as I hear her cute footsteps. She smiles and shakes her head in fake annoyance as she sees me prepping up our breakfast. 
"Go back to your room. I'll also make you chicken noodle soup." I tell her. 
"With the soda on the side?" she giggles as I try to chase her back. "I'm just joking!" 
"You may not have your soda this early!" I yell. 

"Dove? Breakfast is done!" I enter the room, only to find her asleep on the pillow I laid on. Sleep took over her once again. She deserves it, though; she didn't manage to sleep last night just to see that I am well. I put the food back to the kitchen and went back to lay beside her. I sigh as I gazed at her lovingly, as if she were my wife already. How I wished we met in different circumstances. 

"Mister Laufeyson?" 
I turn to see her ghost friends standing by the door. They have been standing there for a while. I don't know, but I feel that they also need something from her to move on to their next life.

"Jam, Patty, Vanessa, Sheldon." I acknowledge them as they pile in her room. 
"It seems that you made our friend here exhausted." Sheldon remarks as he sat by Abigail's side. I chuckle as I looked at her, still sleeping soundly. "Well, she took all efforts to make sure I am fine and safe. I passed out last night as I was about to go home." 

Vanessa sat beside me as she looked at the glow on my chest. "Is it because of that sword in you? When are you going to tell Abby about that?" she asks me. They all wait for my reply when Abigail woke up, stretching her arms. "Oh, hey guys... Did I fall asleep again?" 

"By the way how your hair is so disheveled, we can say that you are so dead tired from taking care of this man beside you." Jam comments as she smirks at me. Abigail smiles, patting my back as she stretches her arms. 

"Get used to her, she's like that." Patty mockingly rolls her eyes at me. 

I shake my head as she cheekily smiles at me. "Where's my chicken noodle soup at?" 
"Well, you can have your soda on the side." I chuckle as I summon our breakfast with my magic, her eyes widening like plates. "Well, darling. You might have recognized this one somewhere." 

"Are you really that Loki- the god of mischief?" she asks me. "The one in the movies?"
"Well darling, you figured it out." I smile at her. However, she stares at me as if she saw a ghost. 

"No. Way."