Chapter 4: The Grim Reaper

Stephen

Great. Another soul to judge.

My job as a Grim Reaper is to help them see through their memories when they were still living. I also discern why I cannot let them go yet. Most of them have regrets that they cannot let go, others have grave sins that they haven't reflected upon.

One would wonder: how did I end up being one? I was once a hero named Doctor Strange, but what happened? What mistake have I done to end up having this obligation of the angel of death?

"Wanda, please don't give yourself up to Nightmare. He'll be the end of this world. We can't have him defeating the Avengers just like how Thanos did during Infinity War." I begged to the Scarlet Witch.

Wanda Maximoff's mind is being clouded with anger and frustration as she grieves for loosing Flash and Wiccan during the first battle with Nightmare. Her powers get out of control more as I mentioned the alien who killed her beloved, alongside her rage.

"Don't ever mention that Titan." She angrily yells.

At the blink of my eye, her powers reached its maximum intensity, shredding Kamar-Taj into pieces. It breaks my heart to see the place that saved me from my hopeless situation of seeing my career crumble because of my malfunctioning hands. My sorcerers and sorceresses tremble in fright, calling my name to help them out. But, I wasn't able to move a SINGLE FINGER. I was entrapped in her spells, and it tightens all around me more as I struggle.

Then Nightmare came. He sneers at me and kisses Wanda on her lips.
"Good job, Wanda. You may take your leave. I will handle him myself."

My loud begs are so useless. She let rage towards what happened surge in her, letting Nightmare conquer her full self. I would have saved her and everyone if Loki was there. I admit, I despised him so much, but I need him now. He can talk her out of it with his poetry-like words, I see.

Kamar-Taj is in ruins, with me in it.

"You have committed a mass murder, Strange

"You have committed a mass murder, Strange. You are aware what happens to souls with grave sins." A Grim Reaper says to me.

What? THE FAULT OF THE KAMAR-TAJ INCIDENT FALLS TO ME? I need to face the council of former Sorcerer Supremes. They might help me with this one.

"Please, let me the face the council before you decide." I plead to him, but the Ancient One spoke to us. She has heard of what happened, and the council will do their best to prove to Lady Death that I am innocent, and Nightmare is behind the incident. For now, I have to endure the suffering of being a Grim Reaper.