11: Back to Work (and Studies)

Abby

Now that the gas leak during the first day of classes is gone, and everything is settled, it is now time for me to get back on track as I continue my journey towards what I aspire to be. I missed my first girl pal Jackie Lou. I must admit: Loki and I were so dismayed that we weren't able to clear that we aren't dating, but we know that she's just playing around. 

The familiar brown complexion and black curly haired girl smiles at me as I neared the gates of the university. She's close to sprinting towards me and pulling me into a breath-crashing hug she could manage. I can't believe that I actually missed this madwoman who teased us about dating each other while we walked home. 

"How's your three days break, Mrs. Laufeyson?" she teases me as we walked side by side towards the building we are in. Can't she stop it? 
"First, we aren't married nor dating, second, it's a tidal wave of craziness." I say as I looked straight ahead. Stood by the doors of the classroom is Loki, or rather, Professor Laufeyson. He had that cheerful smile as we got closer to the room we are in. 

"Looks like someone woke up on the right side of the bed," I comment as I pushed the white door to get my things in. It is just the three of us, since it's still 6:30 in the morning. Classes start at 8:30 am, and I had two hours of catching either my sleep or read through the first lesson for Logic and Critical thinking. 

"Well, if it weren't for that fluffy conversation we had last night, I wouldn't be smiling right now." Loki chuckles as he settles his laptop and learning materials down on the front. Jackie and I still took the seats we had three days ago. I started reading through the first lesson we are having today. 

"Before we define the types of arguments, let us identify first what are arguments. Could someone tell me what they are?" 

No one speaks in the class. The black-haired professor waits for a hand to be raised, until his attention reverts to me. I was just staring at the whole class, waiting for them as well. It stayed like that until Jackie stood up and explained the concept of arguments. 

"Wow, what a great way to start the first semester." Loki sarcastically says as he unties his tie and leaves two buttons open. Jackie and I answered most of the questions being laid down by him. We sat by the same booth on the Starbucks we ate in. 

The way he looked right now makes me blush. If I'd describe him in one word, it would be: GODLY. The way how his muscles are sculpted, that sharp jaw line that could cut diamonds, those raven locks of his, those piercing eyes- oh, what a sight! 

"Girl, you okay? It seems that you are lost. Is everything okay?" Jackie asks as she came back with three black coffees. I smile weakly as I took out the croissants and eclairs I made. Loki stares at me with that same intimidating eyes that could actually make you want to melt. 

"Nah, I'm fine. I'm just thinking about something outside school." I sigh as I took a croissant and cut it into two. Loki stares into the unknown and started eating up as well.