Chapter 6: STEPHEN???

Stephen

After dealing with multiple souls, I decided to call it a day and went back to my new room for rent. I still couldn't get my mind off of Abigail Wayland, the girl who just turned 18 yesterday. Darn, she's way too beautiful for an eighteen year old! Does she have a boyfriend now? Please forbid it!

Okay, I confess to you all that I have fallen hard for her. I don't know what hit me in the head, but I have fallen head over heels in love with her. She captivated my heart with just a single smile of hers when she thanked me for returning her list. I just can't help falling for the young lady. However, Grim Reapers cannot be seen courting a living mortal, for one can be subject to death and assassinations. Ishmael used to be in a relationship with an American woman, and had a son who he have never seen again. Our boss herself have searched for her whereabouts, and nearly died a fatal death.

About my new apartment for rent, or should I say, room for rent, it was owned by Lord William Hathford, one of the most influential people in the world of business. His grandson Arnie James Hathford manages the rents.

"So, here's your new room." Arnie tells me as he opens the newly renovated room. "If you need help, you can call me downstairs. You'll also get to meet my uncle. He just left, but will be back soon."

I smiled and nodded at him as he closes the door. This one's a lot more better than the last apartment I have rented. The gray and black motif suits my job as a grim reaper. It even reminded me of my room back in the original timeline I belonged to.

When I came down to meet the other members of the household, green eyes met my deep sapphire eyes

When I came down to meet the other members of the household, green eyes met my deep sapphire eyes. The familiar face of Loki stares at me with surprise, as if he wasn't sure if he is seeing right. Well, I'd take this moment to get close with him; he needs to know what is happening in the original timeline we belonged to. He also needs to feel how much his brother Thor missed him since his passing.

"Loki Odinson?"
"Stephen Strange?"

"You guys have met already?" Arnie asks us as he lays down the tray filled with biscuits and Earl Grey tea on the coffee table.

"Yes, we already have met before." Loki tells him as he looks at me dead in the eye. Goodness, he is the one intimidating me. He stares at me as if he were planning to roast me alive.

Loki gives me the silent treatment as we drank the tea the young lad served us. It has been a decade since I last saw this god who causes chaos. We may not have ended in good terms, but I have high hopes of meeting him again; it was granted: he is here, living for 900 years not only as a god, but a Goblin as well. His facial features never changed; his hair grew longer, and it is tied in a man bun. If he was back in the original timeline, I have no doubts that many girls will swoon over him, wishing they were his girlfriend or wife. Girls really appreciate the exterior, not the interior.

"So, Mr. Strange, how did you meet my Uncle Loki?" Arnie asks me as he pours in the tea.
"It's quite the long story." I tell him, while Loki smiles weakly at me. He must have remembered already what has come in between us, or he has seen how we met in the original timeline we belong to.
"Do you want to tell him about it?" Loki asks me. Wha- how? Loki seems more serene than a few minutes ago. Has he set aside his fear? Might as well take advantage of this moment.
"Gladly."

Loki

Loki

Stephen Strange. The man who had me falling for thirty minutes! The man who let me fall to the grasses of Norway! How did he end up in this timeline?What spell did he use to get here? Is my brother Thor here too? I cannot think well. I must know; he can't just conjure a portal from there.

"Stephen, may I ask you?" I ask as we sat by the balcony. Arnie has gone to his room to get some sleep, since he has to be at the university early as well. I should be sleeping, but it seems that I can't. Millions of thoughts about Abigail swirl in my mind, drowning me into the abyss of longing and being in love. Is this even love? I cannot tell.

"Sure, what bothers you?" Stephen replies, sipping on the tea that we made ourselves.

"How did you end up being here? I mean, you cannot just form a portal to get here, am I correct?" I question.

He remains silent. It must be something that happened back then; a tragic event that led to this. "I-I'm sorry if I opened this up, I just-"

"No, it's fine. I actually needed someone to talk to about what happened in Kamar-Taj." Stephen stops me from speaking. What happened back in Earth?

He started talking about how Wanda, also known as the Scarlet Witch, joined his new enemy's league. He narrates how Nightmare brought destruction to the place where he saw salvation and his purpose in life, bribed Lady Death that I am the culprit behind the mass murder of my sorcerers and begged for me to be a grim reaper. "I am so new in this field, Loki. How can I move on and accept this fate I now have?"

Stephen now reminds me of myself. That very same question crossed my mind as I lived through this 900 years of living as a Goblin. It is as if I wished things turned out different. I find this one hard to answer as well; it needs more reflection than ever.

"I myself have asked that to William, Stephen. It seems that we ourselves could answer that. I think we both need to reflect about this one; it's a matter of confusion."

"It seems that we have agreed on one thing for the first time, Loki. Does living for 900 years turned you into a good man?" Stephen asks me.

"Shut up, Grim Reaper."