12: A Secret to be Hidden

Abby

"Why?" I ask him as he asks me about that time when he saved me and mommy. 

As I have told him, I had this strange, recurring dream about a woman who keeps telling me that I am the goblin's bride, and I should pull it off already, so as to grant him eternal rest. I don't know what is she talking about, but it kept resonating in my mind. I feel that she knows something about my connection with this man. 

It was past midnight when he went home, teleporting using his powers to his room in the Hathford residence. Swirls of green and blue glowed in my room as he started his magic. "Go to sleep already," he tells me while he performed his spell. He actually carried me to my room for no reason. 
"I'll watch you do your magic, Loki." I smile as he grins as well. 
"Go to sleep once I get home already, okay?" 

When I woke up, I felt arms wrapped around me, as if it were never to let me go and start my day. The owner's voice is so deep and British as he recites to me loads of Shakespeare's sonnets in my ear. I smile as I know who the owner of the voice was: Loki. "Wake up, my dear; For the morning has come, a gesticulation of a new day and of its adventures that await us." 

"G'morning, Loki," I yawn as I sat up in my bed, his arms still clinging around me. He smiles as I rub off my eyes and ruffle my bed hair. I cannot help but smile back. "Since when did you arrive?" 

"A good few minutes ago. I thought I'd find you here, already making another art." 
"Did you have breakfast already?" 
"Yes, but only a little." 

"So, anything planned for the day aside from supplying Serenity Cafe and studying?" 

We were walking along the path walks of the campus. It was already dismissal, and today's not my Logic and Critical Thinking day. Instead, I had National Service Training 1 for two hours and Theoretical Foundation of Nursing for three hours. He also got his paper works done, and he's being idle like me; taking in the fresh air that the trees emancipated and talking about his life before he became a goblin. 

"Nah, I'm just going to buy more ingredients for the pastries. It seems that I have ran out of flour and milk already." I tell him as we neared the gates of the university. The night lights that illuminated the whole city mesmerizes us as we walked side by side across the streets of London. "How about you?"

"I'd like to go with you, if that's alright." Loki tells as we enter the condominium building. It has been an agreement between us that he will take me home every after class, which I wanted to say no to, for there is no need for that. He still persists, so I gave up. I even notice that he spends the whole day with me these past few days. I'm sure Arnie misses him already, especially Stephen. 

"Well, that is if I am not conflicting with your schedule." I tell him as I put on my Jewish sandals that I just purchased online. It complimented with the denim jeans and my tucked in long sleeved turtle neck shirt. Finishing my final touches to my light make up of pink lipstick and filled in eyebrows, I decide that it's already enough. 

"Are you finished? You know that you don't have to be all glamorous, dove." Loki tells me as he comes in the room, his eyes lit up as he took in my appearance. I blushed as I stood to grab my string bag to put in my wallet, phone and some folder I needed to bring as well. 

"You look wonderful, darling." He tells as he tucks in a stray strand to my ear. "Are we ready to go?" 

 "Are we ready to go?"