The Move

(Your POV)

     As I sit in front of the router box, waiting for the internet to load up, I grab my camera sitting next to me and hit the record button on it.

     "And with that guys, I am officially moved in! I mean yeah I still have to unpack but the internets on, my office is set up, I have a place to sleep, I'm saying I have officially moved in." I look at the box and start to laugh. I look back at the camera.

     "Let me tell you guys, moving to LA it's crazy let me tell you. I definitely love the city that's for sure. Anyways guys, thank you for watching this vlog and experiencing this move with me and here's to two million subscribers, I honestly wouldn't be here without you guys. I'll see you all in the next video, bye!" I smile and wave at the camera before I hit the record button again to make it stop.

     I lay on the floor and look up at the ceiling the smile still on my face. It definitely feels good to have the important things set up. I close my eyes and try to take in the moment, except my eyes opened back up and as soon as I knew it, I was sitting in my gaming chair hooking up my camera to my computer.

     As the video starts to download from my camera to my computer a steam notification pops up saying that Hope and Craig are playing Gmod. I start to smile at that and pull out my phone to text Hope.

     Hey! Office is set up, video is downloading, and I'm tired! Just wanted to tell you I got it here safely. I'll text you when I wake up, maybe we can grab some lunch tomorrow? Just let me know alright? I send the text and look back at my monitor, the download already at 25%. I sigh as I know this is going to take a while but editing is going to be even longer. I turn off the monitor, grab my phone and walk out of my office. I grab my wallet sitting on the island counter in the kitchen as well as my house keys and walk out of the door. 

     So glad that the pizza place is down the street from my apartment so I don't have to drive. Once I reach the doors of the lobby of I was greeted by the warm evening summer air on my skin. I'm so thankful that it's June now, I can drive down to Santa Monica and enjoy the beach and the hot sun. I feel my phone start to continuously buzz. I grab it and see that it's Hope trying to Face Time with me. I laugh and hit the answer button. I was greeted with a cosplaying Hope dressed up as IQ from Rainbow Six Siege, helmet and all. I laugh again at her.

     "I thought you were playing Gmod? Why are you dressed up as IQ?" I ask her. She takes off the helmet and starts shaking her hair around.

     "I'm trying to get my cosplay ready for PAX Prime in August as well as my other cosplay outfits," she rolls her eyes before looking at the screen again and smiling, "but yeah, I got you message and everything. Would you want  it to be us two or Craig and I or what?" She asks now taking off the vest of the outfit.  I look up from my phone and stop at the crosswalk, waiting for it to turn green.

     "You know what, bring Craig, I haven't seen you two in forever. There's a hibachi grill a couple of blocks from my apartment if you wanna go there. Or we could be a basic ass bitch and go to Chipotle." I say starting to laugh as I cross the street with the other pedestrians.

     "Hibachi does sound really good right now. Fine, text me the address and what time to meet you there and all that jazz." Once I crossed the street I stopped at the first building and walked in.

      "Okay well I'll talk to you later I'm getting dinner right now bye." I watch as she is bent down doing something but still waves at the camera. I laugh and end the call.

     While standing in line I go onto Twitter to see all that I have missed all day. While scrolling I felt a pizza box hit my phone and I watched it fall and drop to the floor. I look at the person who did it but they were already looking at the ground. Their black hair was starting to get long but they wore a baseball hat to block some of it. They wore a baggy beige shirt and black pants to match. I bent down to pick up my phone. As my head was coming down his was coming up and he hit my jaw, which made him drop my phone again.

     "It's okay, it's okay let me pick it up so I don't get hurt anymore as is," I say while rubbing where I was hit at. 

     I pick up my phone and stand back up as the guy does. Once I was standing upright I look at the guy. I was greeted by brown eyes that looked so familiar to me but I couldn't pinpoint where. He was staring at me, hard now. Hopefully, he isn't a crazed fan, I just want a pizza and to go home.

     "It's, wow, holy shit it's uh, it's been a long while hasn't it?" He asks me. I look at him confused now.

     "Have we met at a convention before? I'm sorry you really don't look that familiar to me." I say confused. He nods his head while never leaving eye contact.

     "7 years ago was the last time that we did. You honestly really don't remember me?" He asks almost starting to sound sad. I close my eyes and try to remember what happened 7 years ago. I opened them back up and look at him, he now set his pizza box at the table behind him and was crossing his arms.

     "7 years ago dude I was in high school nowhere near here. I don't know how you could've remembered me." I put my phone in my back short pocket and cross my arms back at him.

     "I guess 7 years is a long time isn't it (Y/N)? Huh, I never would have thought you moved back here." My heart starts to speed up as he knew my name. He isn't a fan since none of them know anything about me. Think, think, THINK! I start to study his facial features when it finally hits me.

     "Your, not... who I think you are... are you? You can't be Evan, the last time I saw Evan Fong he was this tall thin boy with short hair. Your nothing like him." He starts to smile and looks down at the ground.

     "I guess Evan Fong grew up like you did (Y/N). How has it been?" Evan asks me. I feel my heart start to pound faster as I realize holy shit, this really is Evan Fong.