Chapter 2

Recap:
"I'll leave you two now" the lady said as the walked away.
"Hailie... I'm your brother Alexander, shall we go?"
_________________________________

"Um ok..." I said with my head tilted down and eyes staring at the ground.
"We prefer that you give eye contact Hailie" Alexander said while turning to lead her out of the school. Hailie blushed and immediately looked up and followed him.

Alexander stoped at an expensive looking sports car, and motioned for her to get it. Hailie was shocked. For her entire life, she had lived in bad conditions and had barely anything in her small suitcase that her school provided for her. But something hit her.
"What do you mean by we? I have more siblings?"
I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes, but it was quickly covered up with his cold stare.

"Yes. You have five brothers." Alexander responded.
My eyes widened. "F-five?"
"Mhm" was the last thing Alexander said before pulling into the driveway of a huge mansion. My eyes widened even more as I realized where I would live from now on.

"Come on." Alexander said as he stepped out of the car and started walking to the doors.
I quickly got out to follow him. He unlocked the door and stepped in. My jaw dropped when I saw the double spiral staircase, chandelier, and marble floors. This was nothing like my old house! If you could even call it that.

"Come I'll show you your room." I quickly followed him up the staircase and stopped when I noticed the other pair of staircases that lead to the third floor. "Don't go up there" He said coldly. "Why not?" I asked back. "Just Don't Hailie. Mason will explain everything to you tonight." He left it at that, and continued to lead me to my door. I noticed names engraved on each door.

Masons, Alexander's, Williams, Xanders, and Coles.

Then mine. Alexander opened the door, and my jaw dropped for the second time in 10 minutes. The walls were a light grey, and there was a dark bamboo floor. A queen sized bed in the middle against the wall, a vanity, a full sized mirror, a chandelier and a fuzzy rug. There were two open doors and one was a bathroom with marble counters and a glass shower, and the second door was a walk in closet full of clothes. "Do you like it?" Alexander asked hesitantly. "Like it! No... I love it!!" I realized I was smiling.

The first smile I had had in 10 years. It felt good. That was until Alexander gave a low chuckle. I knew that my brothers never knew of my past, but the chuckle was so similar to Daniels that I immediately froze, and looked at the ground. I hope it would go un noticed, but I soon learnt that nothing goes unnoticed by my brothers.

"Hailie are you ok?" Alexander's eyes filled with concern, but was quickly replaced with the cold stare he always gave.
"Yeah... I'm fine Alexand-"
"Just Alex" He cut me off
"Okay... Alex I'm fine..." he sighed and leant against the doorframe.
"Okay then... I'll leave you to unpack, and we'll call you for dinner soon." With that he left.

I closed the door and unpacked the little things I had left. I took out my pictures of mom and put them on my vanity so I could see her everyday. I smiled remembering when she was still alive, when I was happy... but that was 10 years ago, and happiness has left my mind a while back. A single tear made its way down my face, I tried to wiped it away quickly. But the tears just kept coming down my face as I silently sobbed.

He was dead.... but I still couldn't get him out of my mind! I tried to move my wrist to wipe the tears, but all I could feel was pain shooting through my body. Oh right... I forgot that before Daniel died, I got the worst last beating he could give me. Practically my entire body was littered with bruises and cuts. But Daniel was also smart. He only kicked, punch, and threw where no one would notice. Like my stomach, legs, upper arms, and back. But why now! Why was it with my new brothers that I had to have a big purple and yellow bruise on my wrist!

I didn't even hear the knock on my door as I just kept silently crying and rubbing my wrist until I hear Alex's voice at the door telling me dinners ready. I clear my throat. "I'm coming" I tell him without looking back. I waited until he closed my door to wipe my tears and get on my biggest hoodie to hide the bruise. I knew it would be hard since it was with my right hand, and I did everything with it. I signed and made my way down the confusing hallway to the stairs.

I hear voices coming from the kitchen, but they immediately stopped when they noticed my presence. I looked up to see 4 very handsome looking boys seated at the table. I blushed and looked down again until I hear a familiar voice. "Hailie come sit down." I follow the voice and sat down at the vacant seat.

Everyone was silent until I hear a chair scrapping against the wood floors and realized my eldest brother had sat down at the head of the table. He started to eat, so everyone else did. I just sat with my head down, and my eyes staring into  my hand that were tightly fisted together on my lap. Crest moons where being carved into my hand with my fingernails. I used to never really eat because Daniel always made me starve. I could only eat one piece of bread each day. If I was lucky, it wasn't moldy. I wasn't used to having shrimp, rice and beans for dinner like tonight.

"Hailie"
I quickly looked up at my oldest brother trying to avoid eye contact.
"Why aren't you eating" mason asked
"I don't have much of an appetite" I responded shyly, almost in a whisper.
"Well Hailie, since you are living here now, something are going to change."

Hi everyone! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm working on making the next ones longer. Comment anything that you what to happen.
Love ya
🦋❤️