Chapter 10

Recap;
Well, at least I'm going outside!!
_________________________________
Hailies POV

I rushed up to my room so exited. Masons finally letting me go out!! I already told Alex and he said to change and come downstairs.

I changed into some leggings and a short sleeved shirt that was slightly cropped revealing an inch of my stomach. I didn't think to much of it, and grabbed my purse throwing in my phone (a great gift from Mason), gum, chapstick, money and a taser. (Also a gift from Mason) What? It could come in handy.

I rushed downstairs and the minute Alex's eyes looked up from his phone, they darkened and his jaw clenched.
"Hailie go change"
"What why?"
"Because That top is too revealing"
"What?"
"Go change"
"No! It barely shows anything"
"Would you like me to call Mason"

That kept my mouth shut. I really wanted to leave the house for a bit so I quickly made my way upstairs to change into a shirt that fit me perfectly. It was a light blue with frills at the end. It was super cute and Cole got it for me as a gift which I liked very much.
I made my way downstairs and this time Alex smiled when he saw me. He kissed my temple.
"You look great"
I blushed and looked down.
"Thanks"
I got in the car with Alex and started to think.
I hadn't got a compliment in so long. Probably never since my mom died. I smiled at the thought that maybe, just maybe, my life could be going back to normal.

Finally after ten years, maybe I can start to live a normal life again.
A life with happiness, love, laughter, smiles, and hugs. But you can't have a rainbow without a little rain. I learnt that the hard way. I absolutely love living with my brothers. It's 100000 times better than living with Daniel. They treat me like a sister. Well I am their sister, but for once I feel loved. I smiled again.
Ugh! Why am I so smiley today! I normally never really smile unless one of my brothers makes a joke or says something funny. And I've never laughed. Laughing seems so foreign to me now. It feels like I almost forgot how to laugh.

I was quickly shaken out of my thoughts as Alex pulls into a parking spot and we get out and start walking to the entrance. The minute we walk in, all eyes are on us. Girls are pretty much drooling over Alex or looking at me with disgust. But they quickly look away when Alex sends them nasty glares.
We keep walking to different stores and I'm tempted to leave Alex and go look in other stores but then I remember he has body guards watching me and I promised him I would stay with Alex. Alex is also in high guard about me. If a boy sends me a glare or looks at me the wrong way he glares back and the boy always looks away.
I tried to forget all of that once we walking into another store. It had beautiful tops and dresses and I was looking at the dresses when I noticed Alex was at the other side of the store. I started to make my way over not wanting to disappoint Mason when a girl stopped me.
"Is that your boyfriend?" She asked pointing at Alex behind her
"N-"
"Well listen here bitch! He's too hot for you and would never date a girl like you! Ok? He should be with someone like me" she said flipping her hair
"Why are you in this store anyway? He can definitely afford these things. But you..." she looked me up and down "you might wanna go over there" I followed her finger and it pointed to Dollar General diagonal to us. I was about to say something when the girl shrieked. I realized that she got scared when Alex laid a hand surprisingly on her shoulder. She immediately smiled.
"See! I told you he would like me better than you" she said turning around. But her smile faded when she realized he was glaring at her with such a death glare she would be 20 feet under by now.
I smiled as I knew what's as coming for Alex had been doing it all day.
"Listen here. If I hear you bad mouthing her one more time, I won't hesitate to make your life a living hell. Got that blondie?" Alex said with hatred lacing his words.
"But why would you date her" Wow this girl really had some balls, or she just really wanted to get some (haha sorry I could resist putting that in) I rolled my eyes. This girl.
Alex's eyes darkened as he leaned in close for her and said
"She's my sister you nimwit. Get that through your thick skull and get out before I drag you out with those fake extensions you have."
The girl looked shocked and immediately ran out of the store. Alex didn't care though as he turned back to me. Not pure concern was in his tone.
"Hailie are you ok"
I smiled at the thought of how all my brothers can change their robes so quickly for me. It warmed my heart.
"Yes I'm fine."
"Great. I think we've done enough shopping don't you think?" Alex said smirking.
"Yup!" I said cheerfully. I looked down at the 6 bags we both were carrying (3 each). Most of them were clothes since I didn't have many at all right now.

About one bag was all school supplies. I was going to be homeschooled, but I still needed things like notebooks, pencils and binders to stay organized.
I was so absentmindedly waking that I didn't realize that we had made it to the car. I put my bags in the back and sat down in the passenger seat. As Alex was driving, I realized I forgot to say something very important.
"Thank you Alex"
He smiled
"No problem Hailie"
We talked the whole way back and made many jokes. And one things happened that I never thought would.

I laughed.

Hey everyone! I know this chapter is slightly late but I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Comment what you want to happen next! Also who should homeschool her?
Love ya!
🦋❤️