Chapter 15

Recap:
"That bastard"
_________________________________
Hailies POV

It's been a week since I have told my brothers everything. And just as I though, they're treating me like I'm broken glass that could break at any moment. Or that I'm fine China, and if they speak to Loud, I'll shatter. It's honestly quite annoying.

But more than that they're angry. Like really angry. But their eyes always soften when they see me. So I guess it's ok. I always hear them mutter things under their breath. I never know what they're saying, but I know it can't be good.

One night a few days ago, I snuck into the kitchen to get water. When I was about to leave, Xander, Cole and Alex came into the kitchen. So naturally, I hid behind the door to eavesdrop.

"I still can't believe it" I heard Coles voice first.

"I know! I feel so... so stupid for not being there to help her" that was Xander.

I silently smiled at this. I knew that they couldn't have helped me, but knowing that they could risk anything for me made my heart warm.

"I wish I could revive that bastard just to kill him again" Alex said. I could tell that he was hanging on my a thread at this point.

I felt really bad, and sad... I just wanted to hug all of them. That's when I realized, I haven't hugged a single one of my brothers for a few weeks now. Come to think of it, oddly enough, I've only ever hugged Mason (willingly that is) when I told him everything first.

That made me do something I never thought I would. I ran up to my brothers and surprised them each with a hug. First Cole, then Alex then Xander. All of them hugged me back. Even Xander which I couldn't stop smiling about.

"You gust couldnt have helped me even if you wanted. Just forget that past, and live in the present. I'm here now and that's all that matters. What Daniel did can stay in the past. Same with Luke"

I saw my brothers tense up and the two names, but still, they all smiled.

We talked for a bit and all went to bed. I can't stop thinking about that night.

A few days later

"Hailie! Get your ass downstairs!

Pause.
Lemme recap for you.

School started a week ago and I hate it. I'm homeschooled after everything that happened and I don't blame my brothers. They just want to keep me safe, but I REALLY want to go to school. I begged Mason and he said he'll think about it.

Well anyways. One of my brothers really good friends (his name is Marcus) is tutoring me. He's really nice and fun. (Total opposite from Lucas) He's actually really good at teaching and I learn a lot from him. He not only teaching school stuff, but life lessons. Like how to get into a good college, how to get a bf (my brothers don't know about that 😉) and other stuff. He's so fun to be around. He also brings snacks whenever he comes over.

It's fun around him. It's so fun that sometimes, I forget to do hw. And although Marcus teaches me, my brothers signed me up for a homeschooling school. My teacher isn't as kind and forgiving. She always threatens to tell my brothers when I forget an assignment. And lemme tell you, there are a few "F's" in my grades. But that's ok. My brothers don't check because I can threaten her about telling my brother about her meanness .

Now now. I know what your thinking "Hailie! You can't bribe her!" Well would YOU want a mean old lady to tell your scary older brothers that you were failing Math and Science? Normally I am very smart and get the top grades in my class, but Mason though it was a blissful idea to enroll me in advanced Math and Science. Although I'm a freshmen, they put me in sophomore classes for Them. Like really?

How am I suppose to pass those classes? Anyways! Back to the reason why Mason was mad at me!

Present Time

"Hailie get your ass downstairs!" Mason yelled so loud I felt the house shake and I fell out of my bed with a thump.

I groaned but still made my way downstairs. What a great start to my afternoon. My head and butt were killing me, and Mason was mad at me. Yay.

Back to Mason, I was scared shitless (as you have noticed, I have started cursing courtesy of my brothers always cursing around me. I've never said a curse work around them, except for that one time...

I entered the kitchen almost pissing my pants and the sight of a very angry looking Mason and a bunch of confused brothers around him.

"Y-yeah..." I asked cautiously.

"Care to tell me something?" He said threateningly raising and eyebrow.

I suddenly though of every bad thing I've done ever and suddenly it hit me.

My grades.

No no no! He doesn't understand!

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Masons voice.

"Hailie! Your grades!" Mason yelled.

I slightly flinched back but not enough to notice. Sorry I just don't like yelling. For obvious reasons too.

Boy this will be fun...

Hey everyone! Next Chapter tomorrow! Question for you guys; should the brothers have gf's? If so, which ones and what should she be like? I don't know if I want them to have bf's, so I'm asking you Guys! Thanks! Love ya!
🦋 ❤️