Chapter 24

Thank you all so much for 71 k reads! That's insane! Thank you all so much! Love you all! ❤️ sorry this update was a day late! 😅
_________________________________
Recap;
He'll pay for hurting Hailie.
_________________________________

Xander's POV

Will pushed the man to the chair in the corner of the room, and tied ropes around his wrist and ankles. His hands were tied behind the chair and each of his legs was tied to a chair leg.

Cole walked up to him first.

"Why the hell are you in our house. Who sent you?"

Cole may be a super nice guy and someone you can always laugh with, but when he means business, he means it.

The man just laughed and this fueled our anger even more.

"You stupid bastard! Why were you in her room!"

I finally snapped at him punching my hand into the wall. Blood dripping from my knuckles. I've gotten into so many fights that little 'accidents' like this don't bother me the slightest.

The man stopped laughing once he realized we were serious. He cleared his throat. The same throat that I was wanting to slit right about now.

"No one sent me. I'm here to seek revenge on your blood thirsty family that killed my brother. I wanted to kill what was dearest to you as well. That just so happened to be that pretty little girl."

"You fucking sick bastard. Your brother deserved it and you know it." Mason spat out.

Mason was normally very composed whenever things like this happened. But Hailie was always an exception. She was the only reason that he would ever be so mad at someone. She was the only one who could break Mason.

"No he didn't! He wanted justice-" The man started talking again.

"He wanted justice by killing some of our best men. For that, we will never forgive him." I cut him off.

"Enough!" Masons voice boomed throughout the room.

He have Cole a look, and watched as he walked over to the corner of the room that was hidden in complete darkness because the dim light couldn't reach to brighten it. He brought over a tray and placed it on the other chair a few feet away from the man.

The tray had various guns, knifes, nails, hammers, you name it. Anything that could hurt someone badly.

I knew it was finally my turn to step up. I grabbed a knife and walked to the man.

"What were you planning to do to her, other than possibly stab her." I asked the man while flipping the knife in my hand to intimidate him.

Before he could answer, I saw something shiny reflecting off the light near his leg. I swiftly bend down and pick up the knife he had tucked by his sock.

"Nice try." I say mockingly while the man looks at me with pure anger.

"Now tell me, what we're you going to do with her?"

"Stab her, kidnap her, make you pay a ransom to get her back thinking that she's alive, and then give you her dead body."

The man said it like it was nothing.

"Your sick and twisted." Cole spat at him.

"Yeah? Well that's what you deserve. To see that pretty little face of hers lifeless-"

Ringing was all I could hear. The man didn't finish his sentence as Mason swiftly put the gun away and pressed a button near the door. We left as some of our men went to dispose of his body. Normally, we would send their bodies back to their families, but he doesn't deserve it.

Not for what he was going to do to our princess.

Hailies POV

I heard a big thud from outside and immediately stood up.

I saw something flash in Alex's' eyes but he immediately stood up too.

"Alex, did you hear that?"

"Uh- yeah I did. But It's probably nothing."

"Alex? Is there something your not telling me?"

"No. Why would you think that. It's probably nothing. Let's just wait until the others come back."

I mentally knew something was wrong, but I shook it off.

"Yeah, ok."

We sat back down and continued to watch the movie. But I couldn't shake off this feeling in the pit of my stomach.

After a few minutes, the other three boys came back inside.

Oh geez, what happened? Xander's knuckles were bleeding, Cole's white shirt had a blood stain, and Mason just... looked like normal.

"What the heck happened to you guys?" Concern laced my voice.

"There was an animal under your bed that we had to get out. That's what made your leg bleed." Cole answered.

"Oh ok. What animal?" I asked curiously.

"Cat"
"Dog"
"Raccoon"
"Wolf"
"Goldfish"

I raised my eyebrow at them. I crossed my arms and looked at them waiting for the real answer.

"I'm not stupid. Tell me what your hiding."

Hey everyone! Sorry this chapter was a day later than planned. I hope this cleared up any confusion over the past few chapters. Let me know if you want Hailie to find out about the Mafia or not. Love you all ❤️