Chapter 37

hey loves! Hope you enjoy this chapter, I tried to update as soon as I could but I've been a little busy: so sorry for the late update, but enjoy! ❤️
_________________________________
Recap:
Just me, and my brothers.
_________________________________

"Shut up Hailie!" Callie mumbled while her cheeks' turned a deep shade of pink.

I laughed and Callie responded by playfully punching me in the arm.

"But you two would look so cute together! And it's no secret you both like each other!" I said while taking a bite of my sandwich that I packed for lunch.

"Okay fine, I like him, but he'd never like me back. He's Dylan for gods sake, he's more popular then you would think. I'm sure there are many other girls who he would much rather be with." Callie said, the pink completely drained from here cheeks' and a small pout now places on her lips.

"Oh don't say that! I see the way he looks at you, and it's definitely more then friendship." I said reassuringly to her.

Callie had become my best friend over these past few weeks. So it wasn't hard to notice the huge crush she had for Dylan.

"Well it's easy to see your crush for Harden." She shot back with a playful smile tugging at her lips.

I gasped and threw a plastic fork that was next to my sandwich at her and she just laughed.

"I do not!" I tried to argue.

"Oh come onnnn Hailie! It's not hard to see. I'm surprised he hasn't realized it yet." She giggled.

I huffed a breath and crossed my arms.

"Think whatever you think Callie, but I don't."

She just laughed again, and we talked for the rest of lunch. I was so thankful that Harden and Dylan had to make up work for a class and couldn't be with us at lunch.

We talked all the way to Chemistry and sat down next to each other.

Everyone was talking loudly until the teacher walked in.

Mrs. Smith.

Honestly sounds like an innocent name, but not for such an innocent person. She was rude, bossy, strict and overall a hard to please. And today we had a test, which meant I had to ace it, or she would hate me for the rest of the year.

"Now students, today we have a test. I hope you all have been studying, if not, it'll be tough to get into a decent college. Chemistry counts more then you would think." She said in an icy tone as she passed around the tests.

"Remember students, no cheating, and complete the test because you won't have extra time to do it. You have 45 minutes, go." She said with a frown as she went to read something at her desk.

I quickly scribbled my name at the top and began the test, and lemme tell you, even though I studied for hours over the past week, the test was so challenging.

I wanted to cry the minute I saw the first question. This test was so hard, even though I studied. I struggled the entire class, but nonetheless finished and turned in my test before class ended.

And oh god, the minute I'm out of school I'm gonna kill Mrs Smith

——————————

"Hailie! Hailie! Wait up!" I heard a voice behind me and stopped to turn around. Slightly adjusting the backpack on my shoulders.

"Oh hey Hardin, what's up" I ask pushing away some of my brown hair that was coming out from the loose ponytail on my head.

"I was wondering if you wanted to do to dinner with me tomorrow night?" He said scratching the back of his head lightly.