Chapter 25

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for 76 k reads! That's so much! Hope you enjoy this chapter. Btw, do you guys prefer sweet chapters, or something like the last chapter? Hope you enjoy this one! 😅
_________________________________
Recap:
"I'm not stupid. Tell me what your hiding."
_________________________________

Hailies POV

It's been a few days since my brothers found an animal under my bed. I was sure it wasn't an animal, but every time I tried to ask them about it, they would change the subject or tell me to hush.

It was pretty annoying. But not more annoying then the fact that even since then, they sealed my window shut with some type of industrial glue, they put a lock on it that I didn't know how to open, and they installed a second protection screen on the window.

Overboard much.

But that's not the worst part. They don't let me leave the house alone. Like ever. Not even to get the mail from the driveway or get any package from the doorstep. And, I'm not allowed to sleep in my room. Each night, I switch between my brothers rooms, and sleep there. Usually, one of them either sleeps on the floor/couch, or they sleep next to me. I think you know which one I prefer.

Sleeping next to them is the only good part. I feel like that's the only time we can "bond." Usually, with Cole, and Will (And If I'm lucky I sleep next to Alex), we stay up a lot of the night just talking or watching movies. It's quite nice, and I enjoy their company.

But any who, I still find it annoying how even more overprotective they were. I've asked Mason if I could go to school many times before in the past, but now, he has made it very clear that it's not going to happen. I've tried everything. I've got my grades to all A's, I've been very good for the past week, I've been managing to eat all the food they give me, and I don't question them or complain about that night. But nothing can seem to change Mason's mind. I've even pulled the "I need another girl around" card.

And you won't believe what he did. Just when I thought that this couldn't get any worse, I found out they he HIRED a girl to be my friend. He's paying this girl names Brittany to come to our house 2 times a week to talk to me. She's the most annoying, stuck up, rude person to walk the face of the earth. She acts sweet near my brothers and then when we're alone she goes on her phone the whole time, and if I talk to her, she threatens to tell my brothers that I punched her. She even showed me how she makes fake bruises.

"See this?" Brittany asks pulling out eye drops.

She puts them near her eyes and starts fake crying.
She grips her fake bruise and pretends to be in pain.

She finishes her little show in 2 minutes and wipes her tears like they were nothing.

"If you talk to me, I'll put that little show on in front of Mason, then he'll make sure you never have another friend again" she smirks at me with her annoying like face.

"Your so funny Brittany." I smirk back at her. I jump off my bed, and right before I leave my room, I swing my phone with the camera app open infront of her face. Then I race down to Masons office. Before anyone can stop me, I push open his door and throw the phone on the desk.

"What is it Hailie" He asks me without even looking up from his papers and laptop. He looks up when he hears Brittanys loud footsteps.

"Give me that phone!" She tells me.

"Mason. Open the phone and look at the video that should be playing."

Britanni shoots daggers at me.

"Hailie-"

"Mason, please." I say sternly. When he picks up the phone and plays the video, I lock the door to make sure the bitch doesn't try anything.

He puts the phone down and his dark aura radiates off of him and the the tension in the air thickens.

"Brittany. I expect all the $3,000 I have paid you in the last few weeks to be on my desk in two days. Your fired. You can leave now." Mason said scarily calmly and just stares at her.

She looked terrified.

"B-but, I've spent almost all the money! How do I get it back!" You could hear the fear in her voice.

"That's not my problem. Figure it out." His voice raising slightly at the end making her flinch.

"Yes sir.." She says before leaving and literally running out of the house. I could see real tears streaming down her face, but I didn't care. That's what that bitch gets.

"Hailie, I apologize for hiring her specifically. I think you can go another few weeks without some girls around. You've done it before. That's the best for you. Anyways, you can leave now." Mason said without sparing me a glance and typing away at his computer.

I scoff. That's it?!? That's all he's going to say! Oh my- "calm down Hailie. It's fine. Be calm now, and it will all work out in the end. Maybe he'll let you go to school soon!" I tried to mentally cheer myself up. It wasn't really working.

I didn't care what I would have to do, but I'm going to school. I can't be locked up forever. I don't care what it takes.

But I'm gonna prove Mason wrong.

Hey everyone! This was an early update, so it wasn't too detailed or exciting 😅. The next one will be this weekend. Tell me if you want it to be sweet, or like the last one. Hope you guys liked this one! Love you all! ❤️