Chapter 39

Hey loves! Hope you enjoy this chapter, sorry for the late update. Thank you all for 269 K reads. Love you all. ❤️
_________________________________
Recap:
That went awful.
_________________________________

Hailies POV

The next morning, I woke up to my eyes being pink and puffy from crying most of the night because I couldn't escape my memories. And my entire body ached.

I got up and took a shower which only made the pink under my eyes slightly go away, and they werent as puffy but they were still noticeable.

I changed into some grey sweatpants and a loose oversized T-shirt, and put my hair in a ponytail after combing it.

I brushed my teeth and groggily went downstairs to be greeted with all my brothers except Cole. I was surprised Mason was downstairs. Usually he always skipped being with us at breakfast and sometimes lunch.

I walked past them all to the fridge and got some bread and yogurt. I could feel all their eyes on me, but I ignored it. I put the bread in the toaster, and silently ate my yogurt facing away from my brothers, pretending to be interested on some sports magazine that was left on the counter. When the toast was done, I quickly ate that and tried to escape by sneaking up the steps.

Before I could take another step, I bumped into a hard wall- oh wait, that was Xander. I groaned as this just made my headache worse.

"Watch I-" He grumbled but then looked down and saw it was me, and immediately stopped talking.

"Haili-" He started to talk but I ignored him and went to walk up the stairs. I barely touched the first step before a hand gently, yet firmly grabbed my wrist.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

Might as well get this over with.

I turned around and glared at him with my arms crossed. Signaling for him to start talking.

"I'm.... Im sorry for bringing that up last night, it wasn't my place to do so." He said. I looked down for a second and then looked back up.

"You should be sorry. Last time I checked, talking about my past wasn't your place to say anything about. It's not the fact that you brought it up while Hardin was there, it's the fact that you brought it up at all. I hate talking about it, but you just had to say it. Hardin texted me last night wanting to know what you were talking about. I either have to lie to him or make up an excuse to not tell him anything. Now he thinking that I might be hiding something really important. Which I sort of am, but how am I suppose to tell him? Hm? Oh, that's right, I can't. Because even thinking about it sending my mind into war. Do you know what it feels like to have those things brought back up? No you don't!" I took a breath and looked around to see all my brothers looking kind of shocked. I've never raised my voice, and never at one of them before. Especially not Xander.

They also seemed to be looking at something behind me, but I dismissed it and kept talking.

"Were you the one abused? Were you the one who woke up thinking where you're going to get your next bruise? Were you the one who was in a living hell everyday?" I yelled, tears stinging at the corner of my eyes.

"Hailie..." Xander said quietly, still looking at something behind me.

"No, you're going to let me talk. I don't think your the one who had cuts and bruises all up your body everyday. You weren't the one bullied at school. You weren't the one who was in a toxic relationship. You had your pretty little life in your stupid mansion with your butlers and maids when I was getting beaten up. Do you understand the pain and abuse I went through? No, and you probably never will. So no Xander, you have absolutely no right to bring up anything about my past." I stopped and took a breath. My throat now feeling hoarse and dry from yelling so much, and crying the night before.

"Hailie..." Now it was Cole talking.

"What!?" I said in frustration.

"Um.. Look behind you..." Cole said scratching his neck.

I confusedly turned my body around and froze. Standing in the doorway was Hardin, face shocked and his hand still on the handle.

And that's when everything went black.

Hey everyone! This chapter was very short, and I'm so sorry for that. Another chapter will be coming out soon, it's just that I've been having major writing block, so the chapters will be coming a little slower. Also I have started school again, so I'm having less time to write, so I'm very sorry about that. Love you all ❤️.