Chapter 16

I have decided that I don't want them to have gf's cause it's cute when the only girl they actually love it Hailie 🥺
Also! Two updates in one day! Your welcome 😂
_________________________________
Recap:
Boy this will be fun...
_________________________________

"What about my grades?" I smile innocently.

"Hailie! You know exactly what I'm talking about!"

"No... I don't" I say trying to make him calm down but I'm just fueling the fire in him.

"God dammit Hailie! Your failing Math and Science with straight F's!" Mason yelled so loud.

I looked down at the ground. I couldn't say anything. I (thankfully and successfully) pushed down the lump forming in my throat and blinked rapidly so that the sting of unshed tears would go away. I really, really, don't like yelling. It was always a form of punishment Daniel would use. He would always yell... bad stuff that I would rather not repeat.

I know that Mason would never hurt me in any way, and would die before he laid a finger on me the wrong way. And even though all my brothers knew about Daniel and Luke and whatever, they still don't know I HATE yelling. I don't make it obvious. I've grown used the the constant shouting of my brothers. They never noticed before (when it was really bad flinching) because they didn't know about Daniel.

Back to present time

I bit my lip to stop me from sobbing and I successfully held back tears.

"Hailie! You can't go around failing classes! It's only your freshmen year! The first weeks of school and your already failing. I expected better from you." Mason finished his lecture with a sentence that absolutely shattered me. I could help a small tear rub down my cheek. And thankfully my hair covered it. I cleared my throat.

"I'm sorry. I'll do better."

And with that I ran upstairs and quietly shut and locked my bedroom door not wanting to anger him more. I screamed into my pillow and just cried. I cried for so long that at a certain point I just couldn't cry anymore. I sobbed but no tears came out. Then I just stared at my ceiling for longer. I know what your thinking "stop overreacting Hailie. It's just a grade. Get it back up and Mason will be happy. Easy"
No not easy. The last sentence kept replaying in my mind
"I expected better from you"

Yet at the same time, he didn't expect the same form my brothers. It wasn't fair. They got to do whatever they wanted and Mason didn't care. He just told them "Be Safe and made good choices" and they were free to do whatever they wanted. It's not just because they're older. It's because they're boys. I'm done with the unfairness. I wiped my tears, changed into decent clothes, fixed my hair, and practically ran to Masons office.

He wouldn't see the light of day again.

Not on my watch.

Hey everyone! This was a short chapter because I updated twice today! Hope you enjoyed! This hit close to home for me 😅. Hope you all have a great day! Love you all! ❤️🦋