Chapter 22

I just wanted to say thank you for 60K reads, and thank you to all the people that messeged me and wrote in the comments. I couldn't reply to all, but thanks to each one of you who took the time out of your day to say something nice! It means so much to me and I love you all so much. Yes, I'm continuing with this book. ❤️🥺🥰💖
_________________________________
Recap;
So for the first time in a long time, I smiled.
_________________________________

Hailies POV

I woke up and smiled. All the events from yesterday flashed through my mind, and I had the sudden urge to get up. Normally I'm not a morning person at all. But today felt different. I couldn't tell if it was in a good way or not, but I just felt that I had to to get up. But the minute I got up, I couldn't.

I yelped in pain as I felt sharp stabbing pains in my leg. I pulled the blanket off me and threw it behind me, and it hit the headboard and fell on me. Well, so much for getting rid of it. I quickly toss it to the side and look at my leg. I gasp as I see blood coming from my leg.

Omg! How did that happen! Was it from yesterday or did I kick something in my sleep? No no no!

I was so happy to get up today! How am I suppose to explain this to my brothers! They're going to kill me before I die from blood loss! They'll never let me do anything fun again! But... how did this happen-

My thoughts cut off once I hear the floorboards squeak indicating that someone was coming. I pulled my pant leg down, even though it had blood on it too, and threw the blanket back on. I turned to my side and put my head on my pillow the exact moment that one of my brothers walked in. Based off the cologne, it was Cole.

"Get up sleepyhead. You have to get ready for homeschooling." He said.

I could tell he wasn't to far from the bed. I pretend to wake up before he tries to take me out of bed. Too late for that.

Just as I was about to get up and respond, the blanket was thrown off my and a very shocked Cole was at the end of my bed.

I stared at my leg and wouldn't dare look Cole in the face right now.

"Hailie, what is this?" Cole said in a scary calm tone.

"I-" I was cut off by another voice.

"Cole! Mason said to wake her up! Not to-" Xander walked into my room and his grin dropped. Judging by his expression, he was about to make a joke. But I don't think any of them cared about a joke right now.

"Hailie. Why is your leg bleeding." Xander said in the same tone as Cole.

Twinsies?

"Omg! Stop Hailie! Act serious! They're worried about you!" I shut out my thoughts and brought my eyes up to look at them. Both of their jaws were clenched, waiting for an answer.

"I- I don't know. I just found out. I don't know what happened."

They looked at each other and did that thing were they were talking through their heads. I huffed and was going to prove to them that I was fine.

I sat on my bed, and swung my legs around so that my legs were dangling off the bed. I ripped the sheets off my bed, and they had blood stains off them, then I tried to stand up. My leg felt so numb and wobbly! I could barely stand. I just pretended that I was wobbling because of the sheets.

"Hailie-" Cole tried to talk.

"No! I'm fine. The sheets are just... heavy. Yeah. They're heavy. I'm going to go put them in the wash." Before I could take another step, the pile of sheets was taken from my arms and put into Xander's.

"Uh uh! Your not going anywhere. We need to find out what happened to your leg first." Xander said while putting the pile of sheets on my desk chair and pushing my shoulders down so I'm not sitting on my bare mattress.

"I'm fine! I probably scraped it or hit something with my leg in the middle of the night. It's not big deal." I said chewing the inside of my cheek.

I was swinging my uninjured leg and suddenly my leg hit something under my bed and I felt something warm hit my leg. I don't remember having a heater under there.

"H-" Cole started to say my name but I held my hand up to silence him. I pointed under my bed and I think they saw that I had a terrified look on my face so Xander kneeled at the end of my bed, and looked down.

He quickly looked and got back up, his face visibly paled. He gave Cole a look, and the next thing I knew, I was in the hallway being dragged to the kitchen by Cole. I was pushed into Alex's embrace and Cole went to Masons office. I heard some hushed whispers and a thud from upstairs.

"Alex-"

"Shh Hailie. There's no need to worry. Everything's fine princess." He said while while rubbing circles on my back. He turned my head towards his chest when I saw Mason, Cole and Will go up the stairs into my room.

What was happening?

And why are they holding shiny metal- guns.

Hey everyone! This chapter was kind of a cliff hanger! Hope you enjoyed it tho! Next chapter will be tomorrow or the day after! Again, thanks for all the support! I love you all so much! ❤️🥺🥰