Chapter-6

Daniel Adams

At the launch event of the magazine, there were a bunch of people but my eyes were dying to see the only person I was interested in.

"Why are your eyes sticking to the entrance?" Sean's voice rang in my ears.

"Just waiting for someone," I mumbled without thinking twice, my eyes still not leaving the site of the entrance.

"Someone? He or she?" I jerked when he nudged my side. I looked at him to see he had a small smirk tugging his lips.

"You don't have to worry about it Sean babe." I teased him to make him forget what he asked otherwise he would have bugged me to death.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that." He rebuked.

"You like it when a girl calls you that then what's different with me?" I grinned.

"Just shut up." He snapped. "Oh, see, the one you were waiting for is here." He pointed towards the entrance making me look in that direction.

I saw Claire entering with her assistant beside her.

"I gotta go. Enjoy." Sean smirked evilly.

"Please Sean, don't leave me alone." I pleaded.

"This is what you get for calling me, babe. Good luck." He walked away. I silently cursed him and wished if Xavier was here. He wouldn't have left me alone in this situation.

"Hello, Daniel." Claire greeted me by kissing both of my cheeks.

"Hello, Claire. You look beautiful." I gave her my usual smile.

"Oh, really? Thank you, Daniel. I spent a lot of money on this dress." She said.

"I'm really happy that I'm working with you. This way I'm getting more time to spend with you." She batted her eyelashes.

"Uh... Yeah." I mumbled lowly, looking past her.

"So... Breakfast, Lunch, dinner, your pick. Well, I would prefer dinner." She smiled seductively.

I was about to refuse her politely by making an excuse but my eyes caught the presence of someone I was waiting for. With her head held high, she strode inside gracefully, she looked so beautiful in her black body-con dress. And that red lip color of hers made my insides stir with an unknown sensation. What suddenly happened to me?

"Excuse me, Claire, I've to welcome the guests," I said.

"You didn't answer my question, Daniel. Okay fine, I'll ask you after this event, you're busy at the moment. So, let's welcome the guests together." She suggested.

"Claire, I don't want the start of world war here." I chuckled, thinking of the consequences when these two meet.

"What?" She frowned.

"Because she's the one I'm going to welcome." I smiled, bobbing my head in Eloise's direction.

Claire grunted, "Aren't you showing little extra interest in her?"

"What interest? It's professional. Remember, like you, she's too is the part of the project? Now, let me give her some company." I was about to walk when Claire stopped me by grabbing my wrist. I glanced at her in confusion.

"I don't think she needs any company. She brought one with her." Smirking, she bobbed her head. I again glanced up to see Eloise was followed by a man who was walking too close to her.

I furrowed my eyebrows when I recalled the face of that man. He was the same man who was with her at the party as her date or rather a fake date. But why did she bring him here? Was I wrong judging the relationship between those two? Was he really her date or perhaps her boyfriend?