Chapter-16

Eloise Nicole

When Daniel dropped me outside the building I went to my floor but before going to my apartment I headed towards the neighboring one and rang the doorbell.

Trish wrapped her arms around me as soon as she opened the door. "Finally, you're back. I'm pleased that you're okay."

"Where is he?" I whispered, pulling away from her.

"Getting ready for the gym. Come inside." I stepped inside and Trish led me to the kitchen where he was busy making his pre-workout drink. His back was towards me. He was well aware of my presence, I knew it. But he acted like he didn't sense my presence.

"Good morning, Evan." I chirped brightly as I walked towards him.

He gave a side glance in my direction then returned his gaze to what he was doing. He didn't reply to me nor he asked anything about last night. He completely ignored me.

"Hey, how much time will it take you to head to the gym? Can you wait for me? I'll just go and change my clothes." I asked him, tilting my head so that I could see his face.

Ignoring me he drank the pre-workout supplement.

"Evan... Sorry..."

"Trish, I'm heading to the gym, you make sure to come fast otherwise we'll be late for work." He cut me off in between and saying that he walked out of the kitchen. I knew his statement was directed to me but he could have at least said it to me directly.

I narrowed my eyes at the kitchen door and mentally practiced my kickboxing moves on Evan.

"Let's go to the gym and practice whatever going in your head there, but not on my boyfriend," Trish commented. I looked in her direction in disappointment.

"Don't worry, he can't be mad at you for long." She patted my back. Hope so.

I went to my apartment and after changing into workout clothes Trish and I headed to the gym together. There too, Evan didn't pay heed to me.

After the gym, we went to our work, and Trish was converted into a messenger by Evan as he avoided talking to me directly. All-day, he acted like a kid, sulking for nothing.

In the evening when we returned, I changed into casual clothes as Daniel asked me. I wore ripped denim jeans, a white crop top, and completed my outfit with white sneakers. I applied light makeup and let my hair down.

I was excited to go out with Daniel as it was going to be a new start of something unusual. Some of the things in my life were going to change. I don't know if it was going to be good or going to turn bad but I was willing to give it a chance.

And in this new start, I didn't want my best friend to ignore me. He's my protector and my support. He encourages me. I wanted him back to his usual self but he was ignoring me like I was a mushroom which he hates the most.

I was putting my belongings like hair ties, lipstick, compact other things in my handbag when the doorbell rang. I peeked at the wall clock which indicated 5 pm. I was sure it wasn't Daniel as he was going to pick me up at 5:30.

I opened the door only to find Evan standing there with a mobile phone in his hand.

"So, you have finally decided to talk to me?" I taunted, crossing my arms across my chest. With an expressionless face, he gazed at me from head to toe. I knew he wanted to ask where I was going but he chose to stay quiet.

He raised his phone in front of my face. Frowning, I looked at the screen to see a text typed on it. I took the phone from his hand and read the text.