Chapter-35

Eloise Nicole

My day went quite well. Trish came with bags full of all of my clothes and other belongings. I questioned her why she brought all of my clothes and her answer was 'Your boyfriend asked me to'. I didn't say anything as Daniel had told me to move in with him and to be honest, I was happy that I was going to stay with him from now on.

Trish told me that Daniel had appointed bodyguards for Evan and her as he didn't want to take any risk with anyone's security. My heart warmed listening to that as not only for me, he cares about my loved ones too.

Soon, Ariana and her daughter joined us and we had a great time together. I was pleased that Trish and Ariana didn't question about last day's events, we just had conversations on random topics. And not to forget Amara, that little bundle of cuteness kept me entertained with her cute babbling.

We even had a five minutes video call with Lauren and the whole five minutes went into listening to her complains about her boss not giving her leave to enjoy with friends. We laughed and teased a little more. I loved it how we had gone closer since the day we met for the first time.

Evan had been giving explanations to the media and clearing them that I wasn't involved in any deal with Rick. I knew it would create controversy but I didn't care. I wanted to come out clear.

I even received a call from my father asking about the issue that was all over the news. I had to lie to him as I didn't want him to worry about anything so I told him it was a misunderstanding. Thankfully, he believed me and didn't ask further questions.

After spending the day with my friends, here I was now, sitting in the living room, waiting for Daniel to come back. It was five in the evening and he wasn't back yet. Although he didn't tell me exactly where he was going, I knew he went to meet Rick, and to be honest, I was worried about Daniel. What if Rick hurt him?

My train of thought was interrupted when the main door opened and Daniel walked in. I jumped out of the couch and sprinted to him.

"What took you so long?" I asked as I enveloped him in a hug. His arms snaked around me and I felt a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Had a very important matter to settle." He mumbled.

"What happened there?" I asked as I detached myself from him.

"Where?" He asked, frowning a little. I crossed my arms across my chest and gave him an I-know-where-you-were look.

He lowered his head and mumbled lowly. "How did she know?"

"I heard that." He sighed and looked up.

"I had a chit chat with Rick."

"Just chit chat?" I raised my eyebrows. He pursed his lips and averted his eyes.

"Daniel," I warned.

"Okay fine, I landed a few punches on him for making you cry, happy?"

I was stunned. My hands uncrossed on their own and I blinked several times to digest what I heard. My saccharine-sweet Daniel punched Rick? Whoa! That's...that's...wow! Well, Rick deserved a few punches but Daniel shouldn't have done it.

"Daniel, you shouldn't have involved in any kind of violence. What if something had happened to you?" I said softly.

"Eloi, he hurt you, and for that, he deserved a good beating but he's lucky that I spared him after a few punches. He needed to know what happens when someone messes with my loved ones." He said gruffly.

I cupped his face. "Thank you for doing this for me. But you're not hurt, right?" I asked worriedly. He didn't reply which made me more worried. I asked him again.