Chapter-33

Eloise Nicole

Once the car stopped outside his office building I ran inside in rage with Jimmy following me. Rick's staff was giving me curious stares but ignoring them I pushed the door of his office and barged in without permission. Jimmy was stopped outside.

"What is the meaning of all this?" I yelled as soon as I saw him. He was sitting on his chair, sipping alcohol.

"Well, well, well, it wasn't hard to bring you to me. Had I know it before that by doing this you would come running to me, I would have done it much earlier." He smirked looking at me.

"What will you gain by doing all this?"

"You!"

"You're a sick bastard!" I shouted, shooting him a venomous glare. His smirk vanished and in the next second, he was standing before me, his eyes flaming in anger.

"Control your tongue, no one dares talk to me like that." He clenched his jaw.

"I'm not your puppet like others. You can control anyone but me. I've always made it clear to you that...I am not scared of you." I hissed.

He gripped the back of my neck and inched closer to my face. "This pretty mouth of yours will bring you in danger, Eloise, try to shut it at times. And about you...I'm well aware you aren't easy to catch." He inched more close. I struggled to get myself free but he tightened his hold which made me hiss. "... You're a challenge I've never faced. That's why I want you... to show you I always win, and trust me I'll have you."

"Not even in your dreams." I seethed and pushed him harder and lifting my right hand I gave a tight slap which made his face turn right. The sound of the slap echoed in the room. His hand automatically reached on to his left cheek, he started breathing hard.

"If you think that your sick stunts will make me fall in your feet then you're highly mistaken. I know how to fight for myself. Last time, Rick... Last time I'm saying this...I Will Never Come To You." I glared at him, my eyes blazing with anger.

He clenched and unclenched his other hand and gritted his teeth. He then squinted his eyes at me. "Wrong Move, Eloise. You shouldn't have done that." He said in a dangerously calm tone.

I had heard enough, I was done with him. So, not giving him another glance I turned my back to him and was about to open the door when he spoke something which made me abruptly halt my actions.

"What will you do if I tell you that your mother sold you to me?"

My hand that was on the door nob slid down in utter shock. I knew him better, he was again pulling some cheap stunt. I clenched my fist again and faced him.

"Do you really think you'll talk rubbish and I'll believe you?"

"I know you will not... That's why..." He went near the cabinet and took out a file from it. With a sinister smirk, he approached me and waved the file before my face. "...The proof."

"What is this?" I asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

"The proof that your mother sold you to me."

"You—"

"Read it before you say anything." He roughly placed the file in my hand. I glared at him before shifting my eyes to the file. I knew he had made up something. I was on the verge of throwing the file in his face but a voice inside my head urged me to go through the file first. And I did it.

As soon as I saw what was written on the papers my heart started thumping loudly. I couldn't believe my eyes. Mom can't do this to me! I frantically turned the pages hoping that what I was reading wasn't real, I was hoping it to be a dream but my world turned upside down when I saw the signature of my mother on the last paper.