Chapter-18

Eloise Nicole.

I didn't know how one week went by in going out with Daniel. Though he had a hectic schedule still, he made sure to make time for me. I too tried my best to set my schedule free. We both managed our schedule.

In just a week he had taught me how to keep my mind at peace. He taught me, how beautiful life can be if we take a break for some time from the bustling episodes of our daily routine.

And to teach me that, he took me to many places. One day, he took me to the forest, early in the morning, and asked me to take a stroll, barefoot. He asked me not to speak a single word and not to think about anything. He asked me to just feel the essence of the moist grass and admire the beauty of the trees.

And that really helped me. It was basically a different kind of meditation. That day, I felt lively, spirited, and burden-free.

Another day, he took me to a rescued dog shelter. There, we spent our time with the frisky puppies and dogs. There, I learned if the animals could again trust the ones who gave them scars and torn them into pieces then humans could do the same. The visit to the animal shelter filled me with optimism.

Apart from that, Daniel's playful nature and his witty remarks kept me entertained. His carefree attitude and his smile kept me hooked on him. With him, there was never a single moment where I didn't smile; there was no dull moment.

"Your secretive smile is affirming that you're getting along with Daniel."

I glanced in the mirror to see Trish who was busy brushing my hair but had a smile on her lips.

"If I wasn't getting along, I wouldn't have been going out with him," I commented.

"I know that and I can see the changes in you. Daniel surely is doing a great job." She commented, placing the brush back on the dresser table. She picked up the blush palette and brought the brush near my face to apply it on my face.

"You know, these days you don't need artificial blush as your cheeks are always covered with shades of pink." She grinned, looking at my face. "Tell me, did you two do something which I'm not aware of?"

Heat instantly crept on my face. "Goodness, Trish, how many times should I tell you? Nothing happened and nothing is going to happen. We're just friends." I whisper hissed, looking sideways, not wanting to attract unwanted attention as we were in a green room.

She brought her face even closer to mine and whispered: "Everything starts with a friendship, El."

"Your blush, your eyes, and your mind which is always thinking about him say that you've started liking him." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Don't..." She cut me off.

"Don't even think about saying that you don't like him. Because you do." She stood straight and crossed her arms across her chest then again spoke, "People generally confirm their likes or dislikes on their first date, and my dear Eloi, you're going on a date... every day."

I would be lying if I say that her remark didn't cause a flutter in my stomach. Date with Daniel? Was I going on a date with him since day one? Nah! It was just a... Wait? What if he thinks the same as Trish? But we hadn't done anything. I mean, there was no sign of affection between us. I only kissed him once and that too on his cheek and that was it. He too never advanced anything.

But there is always a tingling sensation in my body whenever I'm with him. How do I explain this?

It would be a waste of energy to explain to her as she would hear what she wants to hear.