Chapter-27

Eloise Nicole

"I'm so happy for you Eloise. You're walking for Leena Antonio that too as a showstopper. Do you know what does that means? You'll get tons of projects after that." Trish said, looking at me dreamily. I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

"But Eloise." Her lips curled downwards. "I'm sad that I won't be able to witness your amazing runway walk and your showstopper dress as they want their own artists to do your makeup. I can't come with you."

"Who said you can't?" I raised an eyebrow while my lips curled up into a small smile. "I asked Leena if I could invite my best friend and she said yes."

"You're joking, right?" The pure shock could be seen on her face.

"Nope." I grinned. Squealing, she hugged me.

"You're the best, Eloise."

"I know." I winked.

"But Eloise it's a huge event. I don't even have a dress. You should have told me before, I could have bought a dress." She frowned.

"Well..." I trailed off.

"No need to worry. Your dress is here." Evan came into my room with a bag in his hand. Trish flickered her eyes between us in confusion.

"Surprise, surprise. We both had it planned a few days ago." I laughed at her.

"Aww, thank you so much." She again hugged me and then she hugged Evan. "You're the best boyfriend in the world." They both shared a quick kiss.

"So, Trish, you go get ready. Evan will come back to pick you up after dropping me at the venue." I said.

"Let's go, Eloise, The faster I drop you there the faster I'll come back to pick up my cute little bear." He squeezed her cheeks.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Evan went to open the door and in a few seconds, he called me out. When I went outside, I found an unknown man standing in my living room wearing a black uniform.

"Good afternoon, Miss Nicole. I'm Jimmy, your bodyguard/driver. Mr. Adams sent me for your service." He said.

My jaw hung low. That means Daniel wasn't joking when he said he'll send a bodyguard for me. Trish and Evan were staring at me for an answer.

"Ah! Okay, Jimmy." I said and faced my friends. "Daniel wanted me to have a bodyguard. So..." I cleared my throat. "Evan please give the car keys to Jimmy. He'll take out the car."

"No need, Miss Nicole." Jimmy interrupted. "Mr. Adams has sent a car for you."

"What?" I immediately dialed Daniel's number.

"Hey, Eloi."

"Why did you send a car for me? I have my own."

"Because I wanted to. Listen, Eloi, don't argue on this. Just keep the car, it's for you. Okay? And don't worry about anything, Jimmy is my trusted person. Listen we'll talk later as I picked up your call in the middle of the meeting so I gotta go. Bye." 

"Dani—" He hung up the call. I sighed in frustration. Now I have no choice but to use the car.

"Evan, I'll go with Jimmy. You stay here and bring Trish to the venue in my car, okay?" I said to him. He came closer to me and whispered.

"I can't leave you alone with him. He's a stranger, Eloise."

"Evan, he's Daniel's trusted bodyguard. And I trust Daniel." I whispered back.

"You sure?" He asked again. I nodded my head and gave him a reassuring smile.

I picked up my bags which Jimmy took from my hands, I asked him not to do so but waved me off by saying it was his duty. Huffing, I gave in.