Chapter-17

Eloise Nicole

If he thought that bringing me to this place would make any change in my life then he was wrong. When Daniel went to his car, leaving me standing at the edge of the lake I observed my surrounding to see if I was missing something but I found nothing else than a beautiful lake illuminated by the white moonlight and the yellow light coming from the lamp posts surrounding the lake. There were trees, bushes, and houses that were a little far from the sight. The place was peaceful but I was confused as to why he brought me to this place.

"Here, take this." He came over to me and passed me a magazine.

I frowned in confusion. "What is this for?" I asked.

"To make the paper boat." He announced. He then tore a paper out of the magazine and folded it to make a paper boat.

"Now, we'll make it float on water." He said before heading near the water. I trailed behind him and when he was about to settle the boat on the water, I said, "Let me do it."

He swatted my hand away and said, "Make your own." I narrowed my eyes at him before heading back to make my own paper boat. I folded the paper to make a boat and settled it on water but to my bad luck, it fell sideways.

Daniel erupted into fits of laughter. "You can't even make a paper boat. Look, mine is floating." He pointed at his boat.

"It's not like I always do that. I don't know when I last made the paper boat." I retorted as my eyes flickered from my boat to his boat. I envied him; how perfectly he folded the paper that it was perfectly floating on the water.

He again tore the paper, made a boat out of it, and handed it to me. "Try this one." He said. I did the same and a wide smile broke on my lips when the boat didn't drown. I bent down and put my hand into the water to wave it so that the boat could move forward. It floated to a small distance before the water got filled into it and it started drowning.

"Daniel, give me one more," I said loudly, still looking at my drowning boat.

"Won't you make it yourself?" I heard him say.

"You make it," I said, waving my hand at my back as my attention was still on the area where the boat drowned. In no second he passed me another boat then another and another. I pulled my hair in a bun as my open hair was disturbing me whenever I bent down to float the boat.

I forgot everything at that moment. My mind was free of any thought. I was just enjoying the activity. I felt like a little girl. I was jumping and squealing not caring about anything or anyone.

Daniel was right, simple and small things really gives happiness. He was right, happiness can really be created by oneself. I have done this activity in my childhood but at that time I didn't know about the contentment it gives.

Busy life and the burden of the work took their toll on me and I forgot what actual happiness is. I kept finding happiness in the people. Until now I wasn't aware that it was always within me, I just had to do a little effort to bring that out.

Daniel was passing me boats and I was floating them on the water. I don't know for how long it went like that but I stopped squealing when I heard Daniel say, "I'm out of papers."

My lips curled downward, I faced him and said, "Don't you have more magazines in the car?"

"Nope."

"You should have brought enough magazines or newspapers when you knew you were going to make me do this activity," I grumbled, crossing my arms.

"Hey, don't blame me. I didn't know that you would love this so much." He raised his hands in the air.