Chapter-10

Eloise Nicole

After spending the day with my father I came back to my apartment at night. I wanted to share all that happened to Trish or Evan but I couldn't because I gave them a day off and that includes a night too, they needed some quality time to spend together.

But I was anxious. I had to do something to lessen my guilt otherwise I would have collapsed on the floor because of the tension building up in my head because what I did was unforgivable, at least on my part. As much as I tried to ignore but the hurt of my own words was giving me silent pain.

I let myself punish with a sleepless night and waited for the sun to come up so that I could correct my misconduct.

The next morning, Trish came to see me at my condo. I was sitting at the dining table, doing nothing.

"Good morning, El. What happened? Why do you look like you didn't sleep last night?" Trish asked me the moment she saw me.

"Because I didn't," I admitted.

"Why? Did you forget that you have an eyewear photoshoot today? Wait... Is anything wrong? Did you face any trouble while visiting your father?" She inquired.

"No..I mean it was wonderful and I'm aware of the photoshoot. My face will be caked up with makeup, so don't worry about it. It's something else... Okay, First tell me how did you two spend your day?" I changed the topic as I wanted to prepare myself to tell everything to her.

"Well, we went on a long drive then we had a romantic lunch and dinner and umm...other stuff." She blushed.

"How cute!" I laughed and pinched her cheeks.

"Hey! What's funny?" Evan asked coming out of nowhere. He sat on the chair beside me.

"Nothing, she was just sharing details of the romantic day you spent together." I grinned, wiggling my eyebrows.

"Oh, really?" He smirked and looked at Trish. "Did you share the part where we spent our time making lo..."

"Shut up, will you?" Trish punched his arm.

"Ouch! Why did you hit me? I was just helping you share the details. You girls love sharing the details, no? Why not include the one you're talking about?" Evan said rubbing his arm, smirk still not leaving his lips. This time I punched his arm.

"Stop your nonsense." I glared at him.

"I'm not wrong." He remarked.

"Evan, shut up. Not a single word about this." Trish narrowed her eyes at him which made Evan seal his mouth. I laughed out loud. This was all I needed to start my day.

Trish turned towards me. "Now you tell me, what's with you!"

My laugh died and my mood became glum. I took deep breaths before opening my mouth.

"I...I did something I shouldn't have." I mumbled lowering my head.

"What did you do?" Both of them asked. I released a breath and looked up.

"Okay, listen. Yesterday, morning when I was to head out, mom came and we argued and... I...I..."

"I what El?" Trish demanded.

"I let it all out on Daniel Adams. I really don't know what happened to me; what came up to me but when we met at the gas station I couldn't stand his presence and yelled at him." I said in one breath.

"Goodness, El, what should I do to you?" Trish groaned, clutching her head between her hands.

"El, how many times do I have to remind you to keep your cool?" Evan looked at me in disbelief.