Chapter-22

Eloise Nicole

Ariana Knight; the one whom Daniel considers his sister is the special one for him!

It didn't strike me, not even for once. I mean, how could it? My mind would never go to that extent.

I was jealous of the person who I admire. Yes, I was jealous. Before, I couldn't accept that, but now I did. For days, I was running my mind for what? Just to come to know that—— the particular someone special to Daniel was his sister? Goodness, I'm such a fool.

Waving my insecurities away I kept looking at the scene in front of me. I couldn't help but admire Ariana Knight. She was looking classy and elegant in her simple white skirt and turquoise slip top. Xavier Knight wore the color-matching outfit as his wife.

The scene in front of me was worth admiring. Laughing faces, teasing remarks, and harmless bickering; a display of a happy family. No one could say that they all weren't blood-related.

Suddenly, they felt my presence which made me go stiff. And when Daniel started making his way towards me I wished I hadn't come here. The mischievous smirk on his lips almost forced me to turn back and run.

No, no, no. Don't come near me. Please.

My face flared up with heat when he came and stood in front of me, a smirk still playing on his lips. I tried to look everywhere but him. He was going to tease me.

"Still jealous?" He whispered, his eyes twinkling in mirth.

"I... I told you I was not and I'm not jealous of anyone. That day I just asked you out of curiosity." I mumbled. He nodded his head, looking at me in amusement. For sure, he wasn't buying what I said. So I continued,

"You should have told me beforehand. You kept me in dark. You should have told me that the Princess is Ariana Knight, the one you consider your sister. For days, I kept on running my mind to come to any conclusion and I was thinking about you—"

"You were thinking about me?" He cut me off in amusement. I mentally face-palmed for rambling nonsense.

"That's not what I meant." I bit out, lowering my head to make my hair fall on my face so that he couldn't notice my blush.

"Oh, come on Eloi, accept it that you were jealous over me. I would be glad to hear that you too want to fit me in your heart the way I want to."

I kept my eyes down and bit the inside of my cheek to hold back my smile because he might have thrown a playful remark but I wanted it, to be close to him, to fit him in my heart.

"Hey, am I dreaming, or are you smiling over my remark?" The cheerfulness in his voice made my smile broader.

As everything is clear now then should I confess to him what I want? Or should I wait for him to make a move first? I don't think I should delay.

"Hey, can I meet my guest?" A sweet voice interrupted us.

"Of course, Princess. Meet Eloi, your biggest admirer." Daniel said cheerfully, stepping away from the front.

Ariana Knight beamed when she looked at me. "Nice to meet you, Eloi— I mean, Miss Nicole."

"Nice to meet you too and please call me Eloise. Umm... Can I call you Ariana?" I asked in hesitation.

"Of course, Eloise." She gave me a warm side hug.

"Well, you can call her Eloi. She won't mind." Daniel commented and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"Why? She already has a nice name. Daniel, You always make nicknames for everyone. Do you have a problem with the original names?" Ariana playfully narrowed her eyes at him. Daniel shrugged in response. Suddenly, Amara started squealing when her eyes fell on me.