Chapter-32

Eloise Nicole

"I'm visiting my father today," I said to Evan and Trish who were having breakfast with me in my apartment.

Daniel left early in the morning as he had an early meeting to attend. I told him about my visit to my father and he almost canceled his meeting if I hadn't interfered. He wanted to accompany me but I told him that work was important and he could meet my father some other time. Moreover, I needed to see my father's reactions before introducing Daniel to him.

"All of a sudden?" Evan asked. I nodded my head as I dug my spoon in the bowl of Brussels sprout salad I was eating.

"Yes. He saw the news and wants me to give him an explanation." I chuckled at the fact that I would have to go through a fake interrogation of my dad.

"Alright then, I'll visit the people who desperately want you to work with you. My phone is loaded with messages asking to arrange a meeting with you." Evan said as he sipped the protein shake. "But what about Leena Antonio? She too wants to meet you today. Should I meet her on your behalf?" He added.

"No, I'll visit her personally on my way back from my dad's place," I mumbled. She would be waiting for answers about whatever happened at her party. I thought to myself.

"Aren't you tired?" Trish spoke up and I glanced at her in question. Her devilish smirk told me something naughty was going on in her head. "You know, Daniel spent the night here...Oww-" I hit her leg from under the table before she could complete her sentence. I glared at her daring her to speak further. But did she give up? No. Instead, her smirk widened.

"You were tired the day before-"

"Okay enough. I think you two should leave for work. I too am getting late." I stood up and went inside my room to get ready. Though nothing happened last night, I was blushing as if something actually happened.

Jimmy, my bodyguard drove me to my father's place. I asked him to take a different route as I was suspicious the media might follow us. I had no intention to bring my father into the limelight.

::::::::::::::::

"So, who is he? What does he do?"

Dad inquired, his arms crossed across his chest, and was trying hard to exhibit an intimidating aura. He didn't even let me sit and started his inquiry.

"I bet you must have googled him by now." I too crossed my arms and raised my eyebrows.

He averted his eyes for a second then looked at me. "Of course, I had to. The proposal created a buzz that means he's an influential man and I needed to find out everything about the man who stole my daughter's heart." He reasoned out.

"Then why the inquiry?"

He opened his mouth and then shut it then huffed. "Oh, come on, Eloise, at least pretend to be intimidated of me." He grumbled which made me laugh.

"You're so cute, dad." I gave him a bear hug.

I sat on a chair in the backyard while dad went to make fresh juice. I kept my gaze fixed on the plants growing proudly under my father's maintenance. The green color leaves and vibrant flowers held me captivated. A smile graced my lips as I recalled my father's words: 'Nature's diversity shows us how vibrant our life can be. Just a little exploration can bring you to your matching signature flower.'

Guess, I found mine one.

"It's good to see you smiling. You look carefree." Dad said as he blocked my view by bringing the glass of juice before my eyes.