Chapter-9

Eloise Nicole

I was so angry at myself, I didn't know what came up to me that I shouted at Daniel but the thing is, my anger was not letting me think straight.

I drove the car in the street for half an hour until I reached my destination. I stopped my car in front of the plant shop/nursery. A smile tugged my lips as I looked at the green heaven in front of me.

After taking a few deep breaths to wave away my anger and frustration from the events that happened in the morning, I entered the shop and inhaled to feel the freshness of plants and flowers decorated in the shop to attract customers. The fragrance, colors of a variety of flowers growing in the small pots brightened up my mood.

I looked for the owner of the shop but he was nowhere to be seen so taking that as an advantage I tiptoed towards the counter. I pulled out the envelope from my handbag and placed it in the drawer of the counter.

"Eloise Nicole Norman, put that envelope back in your bag this instant."

I bit my tongue and closed my eyes tightly for being caught red-handed. I looked up at the middle-aged man who was holding the cuttings of flowers in his one hand and a scissor in another.

"Umm...The money in this envelope is for the maintenance of plants, not for you. I swear." I replied hastily.

"My babies don't need that money, I provide them with enough." He said while resting his hands on both sides of his waist. I huffed and placed the envelope back in my bag.

"Hey, you are getting smart and handsome with the age." I grinned as I walked towards him.

"Okay! That's enough!" He raised his hands in surrender. "Don't do buttering, I won't scold you for not visiting me for the last four months."

"Really? Then I must tell you the truth. You're getting fluffy day by day." I laughed at him and hugged him tightly.

"I miss you a lot, dad."

"I miss you too, my daughter." He patted my back.

My birth name is Eloise Nicole Norman, given by my dad, Ross Norman. My mother didn't let me use my full name for work purposes. Dad is a simple man and I try my best to keep him away from the prying eyes of media.

"My daughter is getting beautiful day by day." He announced proudly.

"I have your blood flowing in me," I commented. He laughed and ruffled my hair.

"So, have you eaten anything since morning?" He asked. I pouted.

"No! You already know that I have to cross many obstacles just to meet you and eating is the last thing I care about," I mumbled.

"Then come on, let's have breakfast together." He announced and went upstairs where he lives. The shop is in the house itself and there is also a backyard where he grows all the plants.

I quietly placed the envelope back in the drawer and went upstairs. Reaching up, my eyes fell on the bookshelf which was filled with magazines and cutouts of the newspaper.

"Are you planning to have the biggest collection of my photos, dad?" I asked teasingly.

"I'm a proud father of my only daughter." He shrugged casually, I smiled silently.

After having our breakfast we were conversing about my work when suddenly I asked something.

"Won't you ask about mom?"

"Nope, 'cause I know she's doing well." He replied with a smile.

"Dad, why don't you move on?" I asked exasperatedly. I was fed up by his nature of holding onto her. He deserves happiness.