Chapter-19

Daniel Adams

"You're my lucky charm, my queen. Just as you came to my house, someone special is coming too. You know who?" I said to the little kiddo, Amara; bouncing her on my lap. She gazed at me intently like she was understanding everything.

"Eloi." Her eyes got bigger. "Yes, my baby queen, Eloi. She's coming by herself. Please don't act possessive in front of her. You know I love you a lot but please act civil when she's here. Okay?" I kissed her face repeatedly.

It was afternoon, Ariana and Xavier had to attend a meeting separately so Ariana left Amara at my place to babysit her.

Amara giggled and kicked her legs. "Aww, you're eager to meet Eloi? Me too baby, me too." I tickled her which made her laugh.

Later, when the doorbell rang I picked up Amara in my arms and opened the door.

"Hey, Eloi. Welcome!" I said brightly.

"Whoa!" She got stunned when she saw Amara.

"Oh! She's my queen." I kissed Amara's cheek then looked at Eloise who was still standing at the doorstep.

"Come in." I stepped aside and let her in.

She was still looking at Amara and Amara at her.
"She's so cute. Who's daughter is she?" Eloise asked with a big smile.

"She's my best friend Xavier and his wife, Ariana Knight's daughter. Amara."

As I said that, Eloise jumped in excitement. "OMG! She's Ariana Knight's daughter? Goodness, I admire her a lot. The way she has made her name in the business world is remarkable. And this cute bundle is her daughter! Goodness, can I hold her?" She babbled in excitement and touched my arm.

And I just gaped at her. I never knew my sister has admirers. Amara was gaping at Eloise's hand that was on my arm. She tried to swat Eloise's hand away with her foot.

"Yeah sure, you can." I leaned forward to hand her Amara but Amara clung to me by wrapping her arms around my neck and hid her face in my neck. She denied going away from me.

Eloise's face fell and I chuckled. "Don't worry, Eloi. She's a little possessive about me. Spend some time with her, she'll come to you eagerly."

"I hope so." She pouted in disbelief.

"Come, have a seat," I said to her and when she walked towards the couch I looked at Amara. "I told you not to act possessive. You made her upset. Don't do that, please?" I pleaded her but she giggled in return. "You're so evil." I playfully glared at her.

With Amara in my arms, I sat beside Eloise on the couch. Eloise had impatient expressions on her face. She wanted to hold Amara but she couldn't as Amara was clinging to me.

"I never knew you are a fan of Ariana." I started the conversation.

Her eyes twinkled and she smiled a little as she spoke, "I've always admired her. Though everyone was against her, mocking her for being given the privilege of Xavier Knight's wife, still, she fought to make way for herself. She never gave up. She moved past the judgments and criticism and stood tall. She marked her territory. And now? No one can question her. She's running the company with her skills." She kept her gaze fixed at Amara.

Only if she knew the back story. She doesn't know how much hard work was done on Ariana. Xavier always stayed by her side and became her backbone. He gave her the courage to fight against the world, he brought her confidence back.

I glanced at Amara, whose doe eyes were fixed on Eloise. I guess, she perceived that the talk was about her mother that's why she looked so interested.