Chapter-38

Eloise Nicole

My body jerked in alarm when I realized what I did. I absent-mindedly agreed to take help from Michael. Oh goodness, what have I done?

Sleep flew away from my senses and my body came to alert. I was dizzy but I was conscious enough to see what was happening around.

I committed a big mistake by allowing Michael to help me. "For god sake, Eloise, he works for Rick. What were you thinking?" My mind scolded me back. Daniel will be so angry with me. First, I came out of the house without a bodyguard, and now I was sitting with Michael, almost unconscious. Why this didn't strike me before? What if he won't take me home? Panic suddenly hit me with full force.

Alarmed and worried, I tried to find my phone. I moved my hand slowly to look for the phone. A calming sigh escaped my lips when I felt my phone clutched in my hand. I managed to put the phone on my lap and saw a few calls of Daniel already on the phone. I had no idea that my phone rang. He must be home and must be searching for me.

In urgency, I tried to press my finger on the screen in order to call Daniel. Soon the call connected but before Daniel could pick the call up, the phone was snatched away from me.

"What the fuck you think you're doing?" Michael shouted, making me flinch but I didn't back away.

"Hey, what are you doing? Give my phone back." I almost lunged onto him. But he threw my phone in the backseat and held my wrist tightly.

"Be in your limits. I guess the drug was mild as you seem to be still in your senses." He snapped.

I gasped. "You spiked my drink?"

He laughed nastily and jerked my wrist away. "Why do you think you're feeling dizzy? Of course, it's me and you know who else helped me? The one who called you out. Your friend, Claire Wilson."

I felt like my soul was sucked out of my body. My eyes were drooping but I struggled to keep them open. I felt betrayed. What have I ever done to her that she stooped so low to harm me? Hot tears started to run out of my eyes as I cursed myself for my stubbornness and my anger issues. I always make the worst decisions.

I'm sorry, Daniel. I always fail you. I'm a fool. You have always tried your best to keep me safe but it's me who is a blockhead. I know I failed you but I'll not fail you in one thing... You always say that I'm strong then I'll not back down without giving a fight.

My body was weak and shaking because of the effect of the drug but I managed to sit diagonally. Determined to fight for myself, I tried to reach for my phone in the backseat.

"Struggle all you want but you won't be able to do anything." The bastard driving the car spoke nonchalantly.

"Why are you doing this to me? We are over years ago. What do you want from me now?" I cried.

"Don't give importance to yourself, Eloise. I'm doing this for someone who agreed to give me money in exchange for you." He chuckled.

"Who?" I asked in fear. Don't tell me it's...

"Rick who else?"

No, no, no, no...

"How can you be so heartless? Don't you a little bit of shame?" I punched his arm.

"Shut up and let me drive." He yelled and again jerked me back. My head hit the car door and I winced in pain. I cried at my own helplessness.

"I don't exactly know what's your deal with Rick but he is furious with you and with that boyfriend of yours. I don't know what he did to Rick but now, he wants revenge and I'm helping him. I too want my revenge on Daniel for insulting me at the party." He banged one of his hands on the steering wheel.