Chapter 11: Only One Thing To Do

Lucy couldn't fix this herself. She had tried, but things had only gotten worse. She needed someone, she needed help, she needed Keira.

"Kei."

"Hey"

"Keira"

This time, Lucy didn't get a response. She knew she had to do something, she couldn't stay here any longer. In a blur, she booked a flight to Manchester and threw some things into her old red suitcase.

As she pulled her suitcase to the door, she noticed her name painted on the handle in a bright yellow paint. Keira's writing. Keira had done that when she and Lucy were roommates in England, because she knew how flighty Lucy could be and didn't want her to lose her suitcase. Another tear slipped down Lucy's face. She had to get to Keira.

She didn't really know what she was doing, she didn't really know where she was going . All she knew was that Keira could help her, and she had to get to her. She called a cab, and off she went to the airport.

As she sat in the airport waiting for her flight she continued to try and contact Keira. Keira was active on social medias, but wouldn't see any of Lucy's texts. She wouldn't answer any of Lucy's texts.

"I guess I deserve this," Lucy thought to herself. She looked up and pressed her lips together, trying to hold back the tears again. She hated herself for hurting Keira. She might deserve being ignored, but Keira never did. Keira was always there for her. But would she do it again? Would she come running everytime Lucy called her? Lucy's doubts crept in again.

She finally decided to give up on trying to call Keira, knowing she would never answer. She sent her a quick text before boarding her plane.

"Hey Kei. I'm coming to Manchester. I'm on the plane right now. I know I've made every mistake I could possibly do. If you're not there for me I understand and I'll come straight back to Lyon and know it's over. But I need you and I know you can help me. And that's why I hope you'll be there, because I need you Kei. I need you now more than ever and I know I've screwed everything up but I'm sorry. I love you."

Lucy turned her phone off and settled in her seat on the plane, trying to tune out the sounds of the outside world and her inner mind. She rested her fist, bandaged and stiff, in her lap and put on her headphones, falling asleep to the silence that enveloped her.

She tried not to think about all the things that had kept her from Manchester for all this time. She tried not to think about facing her teammates again, facing Georgia, facing Steph. She had broken all her relationships to some extent, even with her parents, and she hoped there was some going back but she had to prepare herself for the mess she was walking into. She could never really be prepared, she didn't know what to expect. Would she finally hear it from them that they didn't want her back in their lives? Would they tell her that they've moved on? Would they tell her that they hate her? Would they not say anything at all, and leave her lonely and suffering?

She knew that she messed up, and couldn't repair it herself. She knew that she needed help. But she didn't know if Keira would do it again, if Keira would give everything up for her again, if Keira would be there for her when she got to Manchester. Would Keira be surprised? Would she be angry? Would she be happy? Would she even be there? Lucy would have to wait and see what would come of it.

[Milly made me post :( jk she's a ledgend lmao]