Chapter 5 - Candlelight and Ignorance

I have no idea how, but I woke up in my own bed the next morning. I thought that maybe somebody had called Nick and asked him to get my drunk ass home, but when I sat up, groaning because my head was hurting like I had been run over by a truck, I saw a note on my bedside table form Nick that read: Needed some space- sorry. I'm at Diana... or Dannie... well with my baby girl. Lets both calm down in peace, see you tomorrow.

Calm down in peace? Excuse me? Why did he need to calm down? He had insulted me or at least offended me without even realizing it. Was I not allowed to feel weird after he had kissed me? To demand for an explanation or at least that he would take the situation seriously enough to not joke about it with his girlfriend of the week? Call me a drama queen or whatever, but you have to understand how close that hit to home. That he immediately presumed that it had to be me who somehow initiated the kiss, because I'm gay and can't keep my hands off my poor vulnerable drunk best friend. Its sucks.

I looked at the clock and groaned. Well... already missed the first two classes, might as well miss the rest. I didn't want to take advantage of coaches offer to give me a free pass, I thought it was unreasonable and stupid, but with the headache I was rocking, I just might. Normally I wasn't so sensible to alcohol, I mean, I never missed practice once in my life, even on a Saturday after a big party at Dantes house. 

Suddenly, there was a bing and when I looked at my phone, the name Charles Brown flashed on my screen. Oh yeah, the guy from the sofa. Who the fuck puts their last name in somebody's contact? From all I remembered, he was hot... and declined my offer to have sex. But I think he asked me out? I haven't really been asked out without sleeping with the guy first in a long time...but it kind of felt nice. And I have never been on a date...ever. I didn't even know the guy, so why should I go with him? I looked at the message and it read:

7pm at Dolce?

How did he even have my number? I thought I remembered him giving me his and telling me to text him. Weird but...whatever. I stared at the message and debated internally if this was a good idea or not. I have never said yes if asked out, but why did I suddenly feel like I wanted to accept? He seemed different, not so demanding and self centered, like he actually was interested in me and not just what I could give him. But really...what did I have to loose? If it turns out to be shit, then I might just fuck him and ghost him. If its good then... I don't know. 

Just in that moment, the door to my room swung open, revealing my stupid roommate. Nick froze immediately when he spotted me. I could almost hear him curse 'shit' in his head. After a 30 second staring contest, Nick smiled a little awkwardly, before clearing his throat and walking over to his bed before saying "Heeeey. Uh...I see you made it home last night?" 

"Whats that supposed to mean?" I asked, clenching my jaw. At first Nick was a little confused as to why I sounded slightly attacked, but when he got it, his eyes widened and he quickly sat up.

"Oh no no I didn't mean it like that I-"

"Its fine...I know you didn't" I replied. As angry as I had been at Nick or more like hurt by him, he was still my best friend and we were inseparable. Deep down, of course I knew he didn't mean it like that, but even if he did, I guess I could forgive him for that. Nick smiled and nodded, but didn't lay down on his bed, but kept awkwardly glancing over to me. I was currently staring at my phone or more precisely at Charles message, still debating about my answer. Maybe I should just decline. I wasn't good at the whole dating thing, I would only embarrass myself. 

When I glanced at Nick again and he was still looking at me, awkward embarrassment written on his face, I sighed before groaning "What?" 

"Aren't you...you know...going to apologize?" Nick asked and I froze, staring at my so called best friend.