Chapter 7 - Ghosts of a person

"So you're really meeting that douche again?" Nick asked, looking angry as hell, as I walked out of the bathroom and buttoned up my shirt. Nick hadn't stoped complaining, since I came home from my date the other day and he was really getting on my nerves. I mean...even if he was...jealous somehow, this gave him no right to deny me my happiness. Well, happiness was maybe a bit far fetched, since I really didn't know Charles that well and I wasn't 100 percent sure if I wanted to keep dating him, or dating at all. 

"Yup" I said, popping the p, while I looked at myself in the mirror and decided that this was good enough. I was actually pretty excited for the date. Yes, me Jaxson Scott was actually excited to see another human-being. Maybe it was because he was the only one I could bitch about Nick and actually get some productive feedback. That was probably very wrong, but I felt like I could tell him anything and he would just listen, caring about what I had to say. 

In that moment, there was a knock on the door. I looked at Nick, who threw me the exact same look. Oh fuck no. I quickly grabbed my keys and jacket, while Nick sprinted towards the door. But I was a trained football player, so quickly rushing after him, yanking him back by the collar as he was just opening the door and pressing him against the wall, the door hiding him, was no problem at all. Nick yelped as his back collided with the wall behind him, but I had my hand around his throat to keep him in place and quiet, so he couldn't ruin this for me. 

"Hi" I breathed at Charles, still holding Nick in place, who was squirming around in my grip. No way would I let him loose on poor Charles. Who knew what he wanted to ask the guy or if he just wanted to glare at him. 

"Uh...hi?" Charles replied and just then I realized how dashing he looked. He wore a tight white t-shirt and a brown leather jacket. He looked mouthwatering. He smiled at me and obviously checked me out as well. Well this was going to be an interesting date. Our thoughts were interrupted as there was a breathless groans and yelps coming from my left. 

"Nick?" Charles asked and I nodded, before glaring at my best friend one last time, letting him go. He caught his breath, coughing a bit and holding his throat, stumbling forward. "God damn it you asshat, that hurt!" Nick exclaimed, but I can assure you he would have no permanent damage. I had a bit of...experience with choking if you know what I mean.

"Yeah, well don't butt in on my business" I growled at him. Nick coughed, but suddenly froze, when he spotted Charles, who he had completely forgotten about, in his 'fight for life'. Quickly, he stood up straight, clearing his throat and glaring at him. Of course he would. Charles threw me a knowing look, as his lips pulled up into a smile. Oh I would not hear the end of this. 

"Hi, you must be Nick. I'm Charles" my date politely said, extending his hand for Nick to shake.  But that one didn't even flinch to take it. He looked at it, back up at Charles and back down at the hand, like he had offered him to shake his dick. "Whatever" Nick simply said, before turning around and walking into the room. Oh...ok. That was not the reaction I had expected from him. I kind of thought he would give a snappy comment about Charles or our date, but he really just...walked away. I didn't understand my best friend and I was watching him as he hopped on his bed and grumpily looked into his phone. 

"Shall we?" Charles asked, pulling me back to reality. I turned to face him and cleared my throat before replying "Yeah...lets go." I closed the door behind me and Charles and I walked down the hall towards the stairs. Charles was watching me intensely, but I was still deep in thoughts about what had just happened.  

"I'm sorry for him. I don't know why he reacted that way" I said and Charles chuckled.

"Well I have a couple of ideas, but I don't want to butt in on your friendship of you don't want that" Charles replied as we got into his car. I didn't know if it was a bad idea to take advice from Charles, but he made me feel like my problems actually mattered and that made me feel good. Also, it was like he knew the answer to everything and I could really use a clear head for the rest of the date right now.