Chapter 20 - Finish him

"Ok so first of all, thank you all for coming, this is...not very easy for us so to be honest" I said, staring into too many pairs of eyes at once. After Nick and I had decided to let the others know, we invited our group of friends, my dad and Nicks parents, to let them know, that we were a couple now. Yes, Blake, Romeo and my dad already knew that something was going on between us, but nobody knew, that we were a couple now. 

Now, most of the people looking at us seemed rather anxious and my friends maybe thought it had something to do with Charles and honestly, I had no idea what Nancy and Tom where thinking right now. They didn't look as happy as they usually did, but also not as much on edge as for example Luke and Cody. Yeah, Cody most definitely had no clue, he hadn't even realized that his little brother was dating his best friend for a month, until he accidentally found out. He was pretty fucking dense, but a very loving guy. 

"Come on Jaxson, spill it, we are really getting worried over here" Luke said, looking like he was about to have a heart attack. "Yeah bitch, come on, don't make me worry like this! Are you...sick? Are you- oh fuck man" Amelie said, looking like she was about to faint. 

"No don't worry I- actually we, Nick and I have something we would like to discuss with you" I said and now everybody, well except Blake and Romeo and also my dad, looked rather confused. "Oh god, what did you guys do? Did you get arrested? In what kind of trouble are you??"Cody asked and I could see Blake holding back a laughter, because of how well we were handling the situation right now. 

"What?? You got arrested Nicky??" Nancy exclaimed. 

"Whoa whoa, hey no, I did not!" Nick exclaimed and I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose. 

"Nobody got arrested and nobody is in any kind of trouble, Jesus" I exclaimed and everybody settled down, looking rather confused again. "Wait-...its not something bad is it?" Luke asked and I sighed before replying "Maybe to some of you it is, but in general...no it isn't" I answered, looking at Nick, who walked over to me, sitting down next to me. Ok here goes nothing I guess. Why was I so nervous? Why wasn't Nick looking like he was about to faint?? He actually looked pretty calm and happy and I was just a wreck. But mostly, because I was, again, nervous, that people would think that I 'turned' Nick, which wasn't even possible and my friends weren't that kind of people, but it was just a deep fear of mine. 

"So...ok, uh college, I guess changes people, right? Getting away from home and being on your own makes you realize a couple of things, you didn't know before. And its also part of finding who you really are and what has been right in front of you the whole time. I-...maybe its shocking to the people you left behind, but actually, its the most natural thing in the world" I said, very well aware, that I was rambling and not getting to the point. I looked at Nick and he extended his hand, offering to take mine and I gave it to him, immediately calming down. 

I looked at Nick with all the love I felt for him and he for me, that I hadn't even realized, that our friends and family were staring at us in confusion, shock and seemed just straight up lost. They probably guessed what we were getting at, but maybe needed for us to confirm it? I exhaled deeply, facing them again. "We asked you here today because we have fought our own battle for the last few months and finally wanted to be honest with all of you" I said and Nick smiled at me. Ok here it goes... 

Just as I was about to take another breath, there was a loud noise coming from outside of my house, almost like a long honk of a car. "Jaxson!" I think I heard but who the hell would be here for me now? Literally everybody I was close to was in this room right now. My dad wanted to get up, but I was quicker. I walked over to the window, searching for the source of this disturbance and then I saw him, doors to his bloody car open as he pressed the horn on repeat.