Chapter 15 - You are the one for me

It was weird looking into somebody's eyes so intensely, but at the same time, I couldn't look away. There was this tingling feeling in my stomach and a small smile lingered on my lips, making Nick grin. His hand on my cheek moved up and carefully stroke through my hair, intensifying the feeling of butterflies roaming through my body. My leg, that was entangled between Nicks, moved slightly up, but not in a sexual way, rather to hold him close. 

This was crazy. This was absolutely and utterly crazy, but also so amazing. Here I was, laying in Nicks bed, with him, gazing into his eyes like he was my long lost lover. And it still felt so right. Nick was smiling and looking genuinely happy, the happiest I had probably ever seen him, while he gazed into my eyes, his hand caressing my hair. I chuckled at Nick, who seemed to be in some sort of trance, just admiring me, making sure this dream would never end. 

His hand went back to caressing my cheek and his eyes slowly wandered to my lips. Last night, after he was brave enough to tell me the truth and confess his feelings to me, after I too told him I loved him, we kissed, for a while actually, until we both just smiled like idiots and it started to rain. So I dragged Nick back to our room, where we hopped into bed and basically stayed up all night, looking at each other or cuddled. He had turned out to be very clingy, but I didn't mind at all, for some reason. I actually liked how he wouldn't even let me leave the bed to take a piss, because he rather wanted to lay in my arms or hold me. 

The sun was currently rising, but I wasn't tired. In fact, I felt more alive than ever before in my life. It could be compared to the first game I ever won with my team after becoming captain. But also, it wasn't even close. It was like Nick and I had exited earth and were in a separate space, which was neither heaven nor anything else. It was just us and that was ok. More than ok. Maybe I shouldn't have immediately let myself feel this type of happiness, when I knew this could all end so soon, but then again, fuck it. I loved him. I loved Nick. God damn, it felt good to just think that. 

My eyes landed on Nicks lips as well and my smile slowly fell and the need to kiss him took over my mind. Nick had the same idea and his hand stayed on my cheek, while mine found his and we slowly itched closer, inch per inch, as if we were afraid one of us was going to pull away for some reason. But I wouldn't and neither would Nick. When we were close enough, so that our lips brushed against each other, I slowly let my bottom lip gaze over Nicks, making him release a deep breath. I brushed my lips agains his, before carefully looking into Nicks eyes, as I opened my mouth and gently kissed his bottom lip between my own, tugging on it just a bit. 

Nicks hand on my cheek carefully pulled me closer and in a matter of seconds, he had his lips pressed against mine, making me hum at the amazing feeling. He moaned lowly as his lips caressed mine, moving with them in such a beautiful and slow, but also firm rhythm, that I never wanted this moment to end. Nicks hand left my cheek and rather snaked around my shoulders, pulling me on top of him, while his other helped a bit by lifting my waist. I pulled away from his lips, laughing at how close Nick wanted me, because now I was literally laying on top of him, caged in a tight hug, while he groaned and sighed at the amazing feeling. 

"Ahh. I love you, I love you, I love you" Nick said, kissing my shoulders and making me chuckle, but my heart was beating so fast at his words. Because the last time he had said it was last night and although it was genuine and heartfelt, I still was a little bit afraid, that he would pretend like it didn't happen in the morning. But he didn't. After Nick was done peppering my shoulder with kisses and hugging the shit out of me, while I laughed, he let me loose, so I could support myself with my arms on his chest, sitting up a bit and gazing into his eyes. 

Nick smiled as he saw me looking down at him, a smile on my lips as well. "I love you" he said, caressing my cheek and making my smile widen. I just wanted to enjoy the moment, so I did, as I stared into his eyes to see, if he actually meant it. But I couldn't find any regret or fear, it was simple and loving, as well as true, when he spoke those words. I nodded, feeling a little emotional. "I love you too" I said and Nick smiled so widely, the only time he ever looked this happy was when he saw a puppy. He looooved puppies. Oh no...he was going to buy me a puppy at some point, wasn't he?