Chapter 9 - Wasting time

His lips were soft and tender as I let mine move with his. I thought Nick would pull away immediately, or I would feel weirded out, but neither of those things happened. As his lips met mine, it was like we were meant to do exactly that all along! He didn't kiss me eagerly, nor without passion. It was almost...loving. My hand found the back of his neck, pulling him close as Nick cupped the sides of my faces, gently but also firm enough so I wouldn't move away. 

The feeling was overwhelming, but not in a sense that made me want to stop. Nick also didn't budge and rather released a sweet hum as our lips worked together. The feeling was overwhelming in the best way possible and I forgot the whole world. As the kiss grew a little more heated, or lips moving faster and hungrier, I slowly started to walk us towards Nicks bed and he let me, momentarily breaking the kiss and for a second I was afraid he would stop, because frankly, I didn't want that, but he simply followed my lead, holding my waist comfortably tight. 

Nick fell down on his back and I looked at my panting best friend, whose eyes screamed need, when he watched me climb on top of him, straddling his hips. He let me with out complains, but his grip on my hip was firm, almost making me smile. This was how a kiss was supposed to feel. This was how I wanted to be held, but given the control I desperately needed. I leaned back down and embraced Nick in another kiss, making him moan as our lips met and me grumble in approval, while all of this was slowly getting heated. 

I pulled away, looking down at Nick, my hand on his cheek and his on my waist. "Do you want to stop?" I asked. I wasn't asking him for sex and Nick knew that, I was more asking if he was regretting this and wanted to forget what had happened. But when Nick shook his head and one of his hands slowly reached for my face, gently cupping it, I lost it. It was like I was kissing my second grade crush. I didn't have a crush on Nick before, but I guess we were just meant to end up on this bed right now. It was almost...perfect. 

I leaned down and let Nicks hand guide my face, so our lips met again. Gosch, if all of the people at home who shipped as all along could see us right now, I would never hear the end of it. But it felt good. It felt natural. Almost like kissing your soulmate. Nick somehow knew the perfect way to let my lips guide the kiss and my movements decide what we would do next, but when he responded, he did it in a firm, needing way. His lips responded eagerly and his hands gripped my hip like I wanted to be held. Hard and firm, but if I would feel uncomfortable, he would let loose immediately. 

Without actually thinking, I opened my mouth a bit, granting Nicks tongue entrance to my mouth. And he took it. I was just glad to not actually think at all in that moment, because it simply felt good. The electric shocks and tingling feeling making its way through my body was addicting and Nick seemed to have a similar reaction, since he didn't stop and also didn't look like he wanted to. I massaged his tongue with my own and Nick moaned at the feeling, making my knees weaken. Who would have thought sounds like that coming from him would have such an impact on me? 

As Nicks hands moved to my back and wandered a little lower, a bit of panic began to settle in. Not because I didn't trust Nick, but lets just say, everything with Charles was still fresh. I knew it was silly to think about him in that moment and let him ruin another good thing for me, but I think especially now, I needed to do what was best for me. So I pulled back, a little nervous, looking at Nick who had a hint of worry in his eyes. 

"Can we...can we stop here? I- just for now?" I asked. I was so stupid, why did I ask that? Nick wouldn't want that and either he would abandon me or make fun of me or resent me or-

"Of course, I-I didn't want to go further for now either" Nick said, gulping and I couldn't help but smile. 

To my surprise, Nick was smiling too and we actually realized in what kind of situation we were in right now. Me on top of him, straddling his hips and both of us with swollen red lips and a deep blush tinting our cheeks. So we laughed. Not because this was ridiculous, but neither of us ever thought that this would happen and that we would actually enjoy it. After we had calmed down, Nick carefully reached to intertwine our hands, almost afraid I would hate that, but actually, I liked it.