Chapter 13 - Barbie and Ken

"Jaxson! Man this party is amazing! How did we even get invited to this??" Nick asked as he approached me. I was currently standing in a circle of my teammates, just talking to them. A few had their girlfriends or boyfriends in their arms and a few had some other drunk chicks, they would probably bang and forget tonight, around their arm as well. But as long as they were in good shape tomorrow at practice, I didn't mind. I had, like always, lost Nick the minute we entered the house and I have absolutely no idea where he always goes. Sometimes I see him dancing to 'Wannabe' with the drunk girls. And you wanna tell me that this man was as straight as they come. Yeah right. 

"Cory is on my team and he fucks with Emma and Emma is too rich to handle" I said. It was true, this party was amazing. The house was basically a mansion and that here in LA, the booze was never ending and first class, there were strippers and a DJ and even a bouncy castle in the backyard. Cory laughed and Emma chuckled. "Why thank you Jaxson. You know, I'm really starting to like you! Maybe I should exchange you for Cory" she said and gave her boyfriend a kiss on the cheek, giggling, before walking over to her girlfriends, partying the night away. 

"Wow this is amazing!" Nick cheered and I chuckled. Oh he would so definitely end up in the bouncy castle, if he hadn't already checked it out. In that moment a guy who had been flirting with me the whole night, snaked his arms around my torso. I immediately recognized those to be his, because they were way too hairy, even for a guy. He just wouldn't let go would he? Nick frowned at the action and I rolled my eyes, turning around to face the very drunk idiot who thought that just because I was one of the few openly gay guys in this room, it was ok to just run up to me and touch me like he pleased. 

"Well heeello there sssexy. How abooout we find sooomewhere m-more private" he slurred, leaning forward, probably trying to whisper it into my ear, but just ending up drooling all over my cheek. I groaned, pushing him away. 

"I will say this one time and one time only! I'm not interested, now stop touching me or I will ripp your fucking balls off" I growled and Nick immediately stood besides me, glaring at the guy. But I didn't need him for this. I had a fight like this a thousand times before and it will definitely happen again. I could handle myself, even though it was actually very sweet and kind of...sexy how Nick tried to protect me. The guy probably wanted to retort something, but realized that he was in no shape to even talk anymore, so he just wobbled away. I exhaled, straightening my shirt just to see that he had spilled some of the beer out of his cup on myself. 

"God damn it, that fucker" I cursed under my breath, but just decided to let it be. I didn't want to be in a bad mood, this night was supposed to be fun and take my mind off of everything. Nick shook his head, probably trying to calm down, since the guy had angered him, but he also wanted to get back to his good mood. 

"Anyways, this place is spectacular! I mean, three stories?? Man, for once, there are enough rooms for people who want to hook up. And the people here are all so cool! For real, they are all so nice! Even the stoners- uh and the strippers! I had a conversation with one of them at the bar and she was really nice! She even showed me a few moves on the pole and- oh you would love that, its so much fun, but really exhausting and- oh yeah there was a cat! I'm pretty sure it was the neighbors, but it was so cute and-" Nick rambled, making me smile. 

I don't know, it just made me happy seeing him happy. It reminded me, why I liked him...because I did. I had to confess that to myself. I liked Nick and he probably liked me. I just had to make a plan on how to make him realize this or at least get him to be at peace with it. I think he knew he liked me as well, but just couldn't deal with it properly. But I would follow Romeos advice, because it was the only usable one I had gotten from somebody who wasn't a psychopath like Charles.