Chapter 7 : Alpha

"Welcome sect leader, Jiang." Xichen smile as Cheng making his appearance. "You should have make an early noticed to me that you will be coming here this evening." Xichen bow to Jingyi. "Young master Jiang."

"Shufu." Jingyi bow.

"I heard from young master Jin that you feeling unwell?"

"I'm fine now shufu." Jingyi laugh nervously.

"Where is A-ling and Lan Yuan?" Cheng ask.

"Young master Jingyi knows where they are. Should I escorting you to your room, Sect leader Jiang?"

"Pa--" Jingyi is still fidgeting.

"You can go if you wan--" Cheng look to Jingyi finger only tightened around his coat. "Or maybe not. Seems like A-yi is still not feeling well sect leader Lan. Maybe we will taking a rest for a bit before joining you all."

"Of course." Xichen nod before escorting them to their room.

"If it not too much sect leader. Can we have a huge room? We will be sleeping together." Cheng request.

"Of course sect leader Jiang."

-----

Ling turn around, looking for something that he cannot quite sure. Wangji, Qingheng-Jun and Yuan notices his nervousness. "A-Ling?" Yuan touch his shoulder. "What wrong?"

"Tch. It's shufu."

"Sect leader Jiang?"

"He's here." Ling hissing.

"Sect leader Jiang? A-xian's brother?" Qingheng-Jun ask. Wangji flinch as his father mention Wuxian name and seems like no one noticed.

"You know shufu?" Ling was curious. A person who never leave a room until now since before they was even born know about his other uncle. Ling pheromones somehow leaking, totally unaware of it. He did not understand the reason himself but he just felt the urge to protect his never known uncle.

"A-ling--" Yuan was worried. He never saw Ling this angry? Irritated? Frustrated?

"For someone who never leave your room sure knows quite a lot, Qingheng-Jun."

Qingheng-Jun noticed the heavy atmosphere only chuckled. "He visits me sometimes when he still studying here. He was quite loud and interesting young man. He often talk about his adoptive brother always being moody and his sister most tasty soup. Grumpy A-ren he called my brother and always smiling A-Huan. And quiet and beautiful A-zhan." Qingheng-Jun put down his book. "He also sometimes have this sad looking face. Like he was searching for something but whenever I ask he will replace it with the most beautiful smile. Even A-Huan smile cannot match him."

"Wei Ying is amazing."

"He is--" Qingheng-Jun smile but felt the heavy pheromones now was nowhere can be felt.

"Tell me more." Ling ask.

"What more?"

"Shufu. Everyone did not want to talk about shufu. I know absolutely nothing about shufu but his picture. No one want to talk. They refused."

"I wish I can tell you more young master Jin but that all I can tell." Qingheng-Jun smile.

"Wei Ying is determined. He loves adventure and hates people who hurt the weak. Mostly the omega. Wei Ying did not believe in status hierarchy. He believed all just the same. Alpha, beta or omega. Even gifted." Wangji look onto a Jiang's bell in his waist. A bell that belongs to non other but his Wei Ying.

"He was killed by this cruel world and left with nothing. A world that he loves the most."

A sound of a glass shatter into the ground was heard behind them. Turning around, Jiang Cheng had his eyes widened and mouth left hanging. A tears escape his eyes. Xichen put down his tray on the nearest table before helping his friend to stand on his feet. "Sect leader--"

"Jiang Wanyin--" Wangji murmurs.

A heavy and suffocating pheromones was release. Before Qingheng-Jun fall to his side he was catch by Ling who also trying his best to breath.

"Shu--fu---" Ling breathing was heavy.

"Jiang Wanyin!!" Wangji release his pheromones to naturalise Cheng's heavy pheromones.

"Ba--ba--" Yuan leans on his father who instantly embracing his son, tight.

"Calm down, Jiang Wanyin!!" Wangji tried to embracing his son and Ling with his pheromones which seems like working as the two teenagers is not as suffocated.

"Calm down? CALM THE FUCKING DOWN?! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN? WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO MY FUCKING BROTHER!!"

"A-Yin--" Xichen, whos pheromones was embracing Cheng, restraining his friend. "A-yin!! Calm down you frightening your son. Remembered he's not in a good condition as we can see. If you keep this up you will put a pressure to his current self." as mentioning Jingyi's name almost instantly Cheng pheromones vanished. Still his sharp glare was never leaving Wangji.

"A-Zhan." a rare name called by his brother now left his lips. "I don't think it a good time to hid this even further, didi. We already heard half of the truth."

"Wangji cannot tell." Wangji was embracing his son even tight.

"THIS. IS. NOT. THE. FUCKING. TIME. LAN. WANGJI!!" Cheng glare.

'Lan zhan. I--troubling you as always.'

"Wangji cannot tell."

"A-Zhan--" Xichen eyes saddened. "Please. This is messing with all of us."

'Promise me, Lan zhan.'

"Wangji cannot tell. Wangji promised Wei Ying." Wangji body shaking. His frustrating pheromones was release yet trying to keep it only to himself.

"You--" Cheng tightening his fist. "JUST FUCKING TELL ME THIS HANGUANG-JUN." Cheng eyes meet Wangji. "Is he dead?"

"Cold on my arms."

Cheng fall to his knees. A tears he been keeping for his entire life. Tears that he been holding when he receives the news, now fall from his eyes. "How?"

"Cannot tell." Wangji bow down to meet his son's eyes.

"Baba--" Yuan can felt his father frustrating pheromones.

"Is he sad?"

"He--he was happy. But, he--"

"But?"

"He always troubling his did was his last words."

As loud as he can, Cheng release his voice. A panic footsteps can be heard running toward them. Jingyi with his hair release, his tired face was panic. "PA!!" immediately he knell in front of Cheng. "PA!! WHAT WRONG? WHAT WRONG WITH PA!!! JIN LING!!" Jingyi shout to his cousin. Before Ling could answer, Cheng already grab his son and embracing him tight. "Pa--"

"SUCH AN IDIOT!! HE WAS NEVER A BURDENED TO ME. TO ANYONE. HE--" Cheng buried his face to the crook of his son's neck. "I just want him to return home. Mother might be screaming and kick his ass but this time I wanted to FUCKING PROTECT HIM!! BUT--it was too late. Fucking too late." Cheng tightened his hug.

"Sect leader, Jiang--" Yuan was stroking his back, sending a gentle pheromones to his core. Cheng was shocked.

"A-yuan!!" Wangji pull his son away.

"What--" Cheng eyes widened before he look toward Wangji. "Lan Wangji--"

"Wangji promised. Now sect leader Jiang must also promise."

"He's an alpha--" Cheng murmurs.

"Pa?" Jingyi look weirdly to his father. "Who?"

A loud thud was heard. Jin Ling had collapse.