Chapter 28 : Resurrection

'Master Qiren.' Xingchen smile as he greet the older male.

'Where Xue Yang?' Qiren enter the house.

'A-yang is inside.' Xingchen escorting Qiren to the living room room. 'A-yang--'

'They'll kill us. Mostly Hanguang-Jun.' Yang smirk as Qiren taking his seat.

'My brother had left with him--'

'Ehhh--' Yang eyes widened. 'You mean--'

Qiren sighs. 'I thought of searching them ourselves but--'

'The Lan will be alerting about his disappearance--'

Song Lan enter the room with a drinks. 'Maybe. After all we needs to explains. I mean all this 16 years. We been hiding Wei Wuxian. His sons'a secret birth and now this. We need to find them as soon as possible. A-xian is still not in a good condition and I believed from the rumours saying that your brother is not in a stable condition is he not, elder Qiren?'

'And the Wen. The one that had wrong Wei Wuxian is still alive. They will want him. A perfect child of alpha's mate.' Yang fist tightened.

'Bring him to me and I shall give what you wish for, Xue Yang.'

'They are searching for him.'

'A-yang--' Xingchen hold onto his husband hand.

'Wen Rouhan. He contact me days ago. Offering me something that I've been wanting for. As an exchange, he want Wei Wuxian.'

'What--' Song Lan eyed him. Now he understands why Yang had been kind of bad mood lately.

'What do you want, A-yang?' Xingchen look toward his other husband, Song Lan.

'That the problem. I don't know.' Yang sighs. 'I mean. I have everything here.'

Qiren sighs. 'So---Jiang's house?'

'Where else?'

-----

'You okay?' Cheng hand Xichen a drink.

'I'm--okay. Just nervous.' Xichen smile as he took the drink. 'Where Wangji?'

'In my room. With the children--'

'Jiang Cheng. No matter what kind of bond Wangji and the children have. Before anyone else you are Jingyi's father. You rose him yourself. You rose him as your own. Wangji, among all of us here knows that. And above all, he knows he need to asks a permission from you. A father of Jiang Jingyi. Nothing will change.'

'Im fine.' Cheng smile. 'Somehow. I just--hope he was here you see. To see this.' Cheng smile. 'I--can you hear me?'

'I--' Xichen was shocked. He and Jiang Cheng was not that close to the point where they can shared something private. Their relationship purely as a business partner and professional. Nothing else but now--he can felt it. As a brother. Xichen smile before touching Cheng's hand. 'Sure. I'm all yours.' Xichen smile.

'I--have this dream. Unpleasant one--' Cheng scratches his neck. Nervous was written all over his face. 'I dream of killing my brother. My sword piercing into him. I--makes Yuan suffered. I--'

'A-Cheng. Calm down.'

Cheng was shock as he can felt Xichen's warm was so close. He was not even realising his pheromones was leaking. 'I--'

'It's just a dream. Did you really do that?'

'I--it just so real--'

'Then, tell me. In that dream what else did you do?' Xichen spread his pheromones to embrace Cheng.

'I--someone was trying to chase A-Xian. No, someone is trying to harm him? I--I need to do something. I need to protect him. I--'

'A-Cheng!!' Xichen smile as Cheng looks toward him. 'You tried to save him, right? In that dream do you hates him?'

'NO!! NEVER!! I JUST WANT HIM BACK. I JUST WANT HIM TO BE HERE WITH ME. WITH US--' a tears fall from his eyes. 'I. I don't want to be the one who always hid in the dark. I want to protect him this time. I can't protect him in my dream but not this time. Not in this real time. But--you see--I failed--'

Instantly, Xichen pull Cheng to his chest. Stroking his back. 'It's not your fault. Shhh--'

He. Lan Huan. He among all understand how it felt. Feeling so helpless. Nothing he can do to protect his brother.

'I failed to do a same things, A-Cheng.' Xichen tightened his embrace.

Cheng body shook. Maybe, that the reason why he felt so much better if it Xichen. They are the same. They are both brother who failed to protect their own brother. They are both youngest sect leader. They are both forced to becomes an adult. Both are forced to be a parent.

'I--' gently Cheng pull away from Xichen. 'This is embarrassing--' awkwardly Cheng wiped his tears away.

'Nothing is embarrassing when showing our true self, a-Cheng.' immediately Xichen cover his lips. 'Sorry. I should have asks you about calling you a-Cheng.'

'A-chen. It's fine. I'm good.' Cheng laughs as Xichen face reddened.

'Sect leader--'

'DEAR HEAVEN!!! WHERE DID YOU COME FROM YI??' Xichen is already jump off his chair while stroking his chest. 'Don't do that.'

'I'm sorry, sect leader.' Yi still emotionless. 'Greeting sect leader Jiang.'

'Yi--' Cheng nodded.

'Sect leader. Elder Qiren told me to let you know. Your father, elder Qingheng-Jun had gone missing.'

'WHAT?!'

'Also. Elder Qiren is coming here with his guest. He told me to let everyone prepared.'

'Prepared for what?'

'Resurrection--'

'Ha?'

Yi bow before leaving.

'That was weird--'

'Is he always like that?' Cheng asks.

'He only listened to my uncle and a-Yuan.' Xichen laugh. 'We need to tell everyone then.'