Chapter 10 : When Sparks Fly

IDUNA

Agnarr's hands drew back and revealed a simply spectacular view.

I gave a small, delighted gasp and stepped forwards to better see the truly breathtaking sight below me - lanterns lit up the streets with an orange glow and the moon hung in the sky like an angel watching over us as we slumbered or partied. The vibrant colours that made Arendelle so divine during the day were dulled considerably in the darkness, but it was still just as stunning a sight.

I suddenly felt a warm material on my shoulders and went to hold it closer against me when I realised it wasn't my scarf; that wouldn't make any sense.

It was Agnarr's purple blazer.

I looked up at him and smiled gratefully, but the right words to say didn't come to mind as they had been doing all evening. And that's when I wondered, did we even need words?

His warm smile was enough to assure me that silence was the perfect way to go for now, and I relaxed against the railings and into his snug blazer.

I don't know how long we stood there, enjoying each others company and the spectacle before us, but presently I felt him gently shaking my arm.

"I just remembered, the view's much better from the roof." he said it in a hushed voice, as if he couldn't bare to shatter the peaceful silence.

My eyes widened and I watched as he jumped onto the railing and carefully climbed onto the ledge jutting out over the doorframe.

He beckoned me to join him and for a moment I just stared at him, open mouthed.

However, slowly, I gained confidence, slipped my arms into the sleeves of the blazer and managed to get as far as the railing before I realised how high up we actually were.

"Don't look down." his calm and steady voice said as his hand took mine and helped me onto the ledge.

I sat down and, again, looked out over the Kingdom; this time I could see the very edge of Arendelle and the waves rippling across the surface of the surrounding ocean.

"You're right. The view is better here."

"This isn't it."

I turned to look at him; he was still standing, waiting for me to join him. Curious, I did, if a little hesitantly, and followed him as he made his way further up the roof of the castle until we reached the highest point and sat down again.

"Woah." was all I could say.

I could feel him smiling at me rather than the sight in front of us, and I looked down subconsciously, my cheeks burning slightly. "Beautiful sight."

"Indeed it is."

"Do you come up here often?"

"No, actually I don't. Only one other time when I was playing hide and seek with my mother. She never found me and I ended up climbing down to save her worrying."

"Sounds exciting." I looked up at him shyly.

"It certainly stuck with me long enough to show you."

Yet another smile formed on my lips and I had to turn my face away.

"I'm glad you like it." Agnarr said after a few moments of silence.

"Thank you for showing me."

"It was no trouble at all. It's always nice to share something like this with someone special."

"You think I'm special?"

He reached out a hand and brushed a streak of fringe behind my ear, causing me to inhale sharply. "What else would you be?"