Intoxication

⚠️- Smut

(Colby)

Love. Something that was way more powerful than anyone could ever imagine. It's what I yearn for, to be loved. To have someone feel so deeply towards, love me so much that we can't do anything but be together. To have true love.

I'm 22 years old, I have friends who either have a girlfriend, boyfriend, or are completely satisfied with the company of someone repeatedly without any emotional connection.

Maybe I could do that, just sex. Nothing else. It could show me a thing or two, maybe get my mind off of being alone. That's something I promised myself I'd never do, because it just brings you down, it fucks with your mental health.

As I sit in my room, staring at myself in the mirror wondering if this outfit was even party-worthy. A few of his friends were having a party, and they were all roommates. I wanted to go, really I did. But I just felt like for some reason it's a bad idea.

I went anyways, driving my red car through the streets of Los Angeles, I parked out front of their houses and made my way inside. People were everywhere, holding cups of alcohol, smoke from joints filling the air.

I went to find my friend Corey, being successful after almost twenty minutes. "Corey!" I yelled, and he turned to face me. His eyes we bloodshot, showing he was high, and most likely drunk.

After a while, there was a smaller group of us sitting in a smoke circle just talking and laughing. Normally, I don't smoke and I only have a few drinks, but tonight was different. Tonight I decided that when the joint came to me, I didn't just pass it, I instead took a hit. Everyone encouraged that I took a few hits, breaking the normal of hitting it once and passing. Knowing I don't smoke, they said if I was going to smoke, they'd want me to have the actual experience. I didn't argue.

After a while, my head seemed clear and floaty. I loved it, my spacing out at every spot I looked at giggling and laughing at the funny things people were doing.

We sat in the group, and every now and then someone would need a drink asking if anyone else needed one. I'd say yes here and there, so now I was cross-faded (being both drunk and high) and honestly having the time of my life.

The group slowly dispersed, people going to do their own things. Corey, about three other duded, a few girls, and I decided we wanted to go dance. One chick was grinding against me, I didn't know her name or anything but I knew I wasn't interested. Corey whispered something in her ear I could barely hear it but I did. "He's gay." He giggled after saying, due to being stoned.

We all laughed, jumped around to music and had an absolute blast. I was doing great, until I wasn't. My high faded, and the alcohol was just a mere buzz. I wanted it up again, and when I was Corey with a joint I didn't let too much time pass before sharing it with him and getting another drink.

I stumbled to and empty hallway, leaning against the wall. Corey gave me the rest of the joint, and told me to have fun. So, I was leaned against this wall, one foot kicked up smoking a doob.

That's when I saw him, a blonde boy who seemed a few inches shorter than I. His smile lit up the room and his eyes danced off of objects around him. His eyes were a sky blue, they looked so full of hope and passion. He wore a red Coke-A-Cola sweater, with white ripped jeans and red vans. I couldn't take my eyes off him.

He poured himself a mixed drink, then made his was... towards me? I looked down acting as if I was just chilling. I was too high to think of words that would make sense.