Perfection

(Sam)

I've never ever thought there could be someone who was described as perfect. I believed no one was perfect, no matter what. You couldn't change my mind, or make me think other wise.

That is until I met Colby Brock.

He was literally perfect. The way his lips curled up perfectly as he laughs. How absolutely perfect his smile is, no matter the situation. His eyes being the perfect shade of welcoming blue. How angelic his face look, how angelic it always looked. His perfectly toned abs, with the places of a tattoo on his left pec. How his chocolate brown hair fell perfectly landing above his eyes.

I didn't know what to think, I didn't think perfect existed. He immediately proved me wrong. Colby Brock, the popular emo bad boy, caught my eye. I don't know how I've never noticed him until this year, senior year. Maybe it was because of our classes not lining up, so not seeing each other in the halls. It was a decently big school, there would always be people you knew the names of but not the faces the names belong to.

That was Colby, until today.

(Colby)

My buddy Brennen told about a boy, a boy that I've heard the name to around school. He was a shy boy, not known well. I've still heard his name, but never seen the face that belonged to the name.

Samuel Golbach.

Brennen talks about him being a little innocent boy that scurries around these halls like a scared little mouse. I didn't understand this newfound obsession. I think it was just a jolt of pure hate, because he gets those. Looking at someone, immediately despising them and the ground they walk on.

He describes him as a petite boy with blonde locks. A face that seems cute and shy, but would call you daddy behind closed doors. Brennen always has to describe people in a vulgar way.

We sat at our table at lunch, our friends sitting around the circle table chatting and throwing small things at each other. I was talking to my friend Jake, we were just bitching back and forth about how irritating the science teacher was today. Suddenly, Brennen grabs my arm to give it a small shake, grabbing my attention. I turned and looked at him. He rested this wrist on my shoulder, and pointed. I saw what- more of who- he was pointing at.

"That's Golbach." He practically snarled. I looked at the small boy, catching him glance at my but quickly looking away. He went to his own table, and sat alone.

Brennen was right about one thing, he looked like a scared like mouse.

(Sam)

The day seemed to drag by, classes not going fast enough and kids being irritatingly childish all day long. He walked into his last class of the day, as the first person he saw was Colby Brock. Not alone of course, his sidekick Brennen Taylor sat by his side.

I'm not sure why, but Brennen has been giving me the stink eye all day. He used to beat me up in 9th grade, but with that being 3-4 years ago he doesn't scare me as much. I took my seat, which was unfortunately in front of Brennen. Meaning Colby was behind me diagonally to the right.

Once the teacher started, she talked for about 10 minutes then left everyone to do whatever, but we weren't allowed to leave our seats or be too loud. I took out my notebook and began finishing a sketch of mine, since I had nothing else to do.

I finished sketching a portrait of a single sunflower in a field that had a few bees buzzing around it. My mom always tell me I'm an amazing artist, but moms always say the best things. The drawing was very detailed, making it different that just a sketch.

I went to close my notebook, not feeling like drawing anymore, but it was snatched from under my arm. I turned around quickly to see Brennen Taylor eyeing my new art piece. He snorted as if it was to diss it.

"Hey, Golbach. Been a while, huh?" He said, starting to flip through the book. The way back of the book, I had some pieces that were more personal, and knowing him he'd pick on me if he ever saw them.

Colby was looking at me, obviously on sure of what to do in the situation. I tried my hardest and kept my eyes facing towards Brennen. "Brennen, give me my book." I said, trying to sound stern, but it was far from working.

He was just about done with it, but as a flicked the pages, he saw the work in the back. "Please-" Brennen held up his finger, cutting me off. "Brennen, please just give me it." I begged.

"Bro, give him the damn book." Colby spoke, his voice was deep- and hot. I glanced at him quickly, then back to Brennen who ignored Colby and opened to the last pages of the book. Colby could tell I didn't want them to see, he must've known by the was I was acting when Brennen saw the pages and how I reacted to it. Colby looked as if he tried not to look, but did.

Brennen sat it on his desk, showing the first picture-  a cut and bleeding arm. He made a face just to be a dick, and flipped. Colby tried to keep his face straight, you could tell he tried to remain emotionless. Brennen landed on the next page- a shattered and torn heart, very battered, broken, and bruised. I reached for it, begging him to stop, knowing the next page was not something either of those boys could see.

Brennen ripped the book back, "Awh, don't be mean, I still have another page." He smirked. Colby, once again not knowing what to do, considering Brennen wouldn't listen to anything he said.

Once Brennen laid the sketch book on his desk again, and grabbed the corner of the paper, I knew it was all over. Tears already brimmed in my eyes, and Brennen flipped the page.

Brennens eyes went wide, and Colby's eyes went confused. It was a sketch of Colby. He was sitting at lunch today, and facing the perfect way for me to make a art piece. Colby looked at me, not looking with eyes of judgment nor disgust. Before anything could be said, Brennen started laughing.

"You drew Brock?" He caught the attention of a few other students near by, and some started snickering or feeling bad as tears fell down my face. I threw everything in my bag, grabbed my book from Brennens desk and practically ran from the classroom.

I didn't know where I was going, I ran out the front doors of the school, sitting on a bench. I slammed the heels of my hands into my eyes and just cried. He probably thinks I'm so weird, why would I draw him from across the cafeteria? That's the stupidest thing I've ever done.

The boy who showed Sam that perfection actually existed, now most likely thought he was a creep. A stalker. More people knew, the whole school would know. That thought made me cry more.

I guess I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't hear anyone walk out the doors, and towards me. "Ahem." I jumped to the sound of someone clearing their throat.

I looked up and saw none other than Colby Brock standing in front of me. My eyes were all poofy, and red along with my nose. I had tears running down my cheeks, I probably looked like the biggest idiot.

"You left, too quickly. I wanted to tell you your drawing was amazing." He said smiling. My heart started racing, there was no way he just said that.

"W-What?" I stuttered. "Wait, I-I mean.. what?" I couldn't find any words after hearing that.

"Yeah, it's truly so good. Along with your other drawings." Colby sat next to me, wiping my tears away with his thumb.

Then, he looked at me and said something that made me melt.

"Has anyone ever told you how perfect you are?"

I actually like Brennen, it's just so easy to make him the bad guy- which makes me feel bad.

It was creepy explaining Colby at the beginning, I felt pretty weird.