Broken -2

⚠️- Depression/Mention of suicide attempt

(Colby)

I walked down the sidewalk, wanting to go to Corey's and apologize but couldn't decide. It began raining, making my life so much more cliche. Corey's apartment was the closest, and I needed to apolitically him and Brennen.

Finally reaching his apartment complex, I took an elevator to his floor and stood in front of his door. I heard voices, lifting my hand to knock I took a deep breath. Corey answered, moving to the side and allowing me in. Everyone was still here, they looked at me silently. Corey hugged me after closing the door, I let tears slip out and sobbed lightly into his shoulder.

Another pair of arms wrapped around me, I knew it was Brennen because there's no way Sam or Jake would hug me. Boy was I wrong, I looked to see Jake's white dyed hair. "I'm so sorry Colby." Jake mumbled.

I pushed away from their hug, and looked at Jake. "Me too. I'm sorry I.. I'm not strong and c-can deal with it, you know?" I began crying again, Jake hugged me softly. His was my friend before all of this and so was Sam all those years ago, I couldn't find it east to forgive them but I couldn't push them away.

"No one's asking you to be strong, Colbs. Be yourself, heal in your own time. Take however long you want, no one can stop you. If you never accept us, I wouldn't hold it against you.." Jake said.

We all went and sat down on the couch, it was silent for a moment then Brennen spoke. "Colby, we all uhm, noticed your arm and took note of what you said about a drinking problem. Is that true?"

I nodded, I started picking at one of my fingernails. "Mhm." I mumbled. "I don't want to talk about the cuts." I told them.

"Can you at least promise not to do it again..?" Sam asked.

I looked him in the eye, and I swear I saw the spark of when we began dating. I felt the feeling of when we were 18 years old and so so so in love. My eyes began watering, and I nodded. "Promise."

The night continued with small jokes and talk of random funny things. It wasn't until five in the morning that I realized how long we've sat here talking. "Corey, can I crash in your spare?"

"Sure bro, go ahead." Everyone passed me a smile as I said goodnight and walked away. I laid in the bed a while then went and sat by the door to eavesdrop a little.

"Do you guys think he's okay?" I heard Sam ask.

"Baby, he won't be okay for a while. We've just gotta give him time." I cringed at the nickname Jake three in there.

"What were you guys thinking, by the way? When you got together? I'm not trying to start anything but I want to know." I heard Corey speak.

Silence filled the air, but it was soon taken over by Jake's voice. "Guess we should tell them, yeah?"

"Guys.. Jake and I aren't dating." My heart flew into my throat, I heard a few remarks before Sam continued. "He agreed to.. to make it look like it, I needed someway to move on, you know? If I had any idea it was hurting him that bad I would've stopped immediately."

It felt like everything stopped, the world was spinning and my mind felt like it was floating. "I agreed, and we've been going on like this. There's no feelings at all." Jake said, and Sam mumbled something in agreement.

I've drank and drank for a month, causing an alcohol problem on myself because of this. Granted I would've drank anyway at the fact of Sam not being there, be them being 'together' made it all so much worse.

Opening the door, I walked out there. Sam looked at me with wide eyes knowing I've heard every word. "You lied?" I simply said.

"Colby, I needed a way to move on.. I wish I would've known things were so bad for you I would've never-"

"So, when I begged you to stay with me. When I begged that we could fix everything you didn't want it fixed? You lied to me that day, I've hurt myself in so many ways Sam. I threw up 10 pills because after I took them the only thing I was worried about is what you would feel if I died." Tears fell from my cheeks. I didn't raise my voice and get angry, I just explain calmly. They all looked devastated when I told them about what's been happening.

"If I could take it all back I would. I'd have never left, we'd have fixed it and I promise I would've never let you do that to yourself. I never would've been able to live with myself if you ever did."

I just nodded. "M'going home." I slipped on my shoes, and walked out. Walking down the streets at 6 in the morning was peaceful, the sun was beginning to glow in the sky and the city wasn't too noisy.

Once I reached home, I went to my bed and began crying. I didn't know what to do anymore, pain surged through me. I heard a knock, and I ignored it knowing it was probably just Corey or someone and they'd walk in eventually.

The door clicked open, footsteps walked down the hall and into my room. I didn't turn to see who it was, but when the bed dipped and a hand rested on my shoulder I jumped slightly.

I turned to see Sam's messy blonde hair, pink cheeks, and plump lips perfectly displayed on his soft toned face. I loved him way too much. "What're you doing here?"

"I don't know. I felt like it was the right thing, so I followed me gut."

My eyes were droopy as were his, we've been up all night long. Exhaustion swept through the room, I was about to fall asleep so I scooted over and hoped he'd lay with me. That's exactly what he did, he laid down curling into my body.

Before falling asleep, I mumbled into his sleeping bodies hair, "I'll have you again. It may not be now or soon, but I'll fix it. I love you, too much to let you go." With that I closed my eyes and began to drift asleep.

Completely unaware that Sam heard every word, and agreed in fighting for love.

Hey, there's the part 2! Hope you enjoyed!

This'll be the last one of this story, I may make another one in the future. I hope all the one shots were at least decent and enjoyable, thank you for reading!

edit: how does this have 5k views!? THANK YOU!❤️