Manners

⚠️-DDLB/Intimacy

(Colby)

Daddy was sleeping, I didn't want to wake him so I sat patiently on the bed holding my stuff koala, that I named Koaly. I looked around the room, just counting things or studying things to pass time.

The blankets next to me shifted, and Daddy opened his eyes. "Morning, baby. What're you doing?" He asked me.

"Just wooking around, Daddy. I didn't wanna wake you." I said, blushing.

"Awh, baby. You could've woke me, you didn't have to just sit here." He sat up, and placed a light kiss on my forehead.

"Dats okay. I thought you'd appreciate extra sleep." I said to him, smiling widely. 

"Let's go get some breakfast." He picked me up, and carried me downstairs. He sat me in a chair next to Corey, who was smiling at me.

"Morning Cowey." I smiled.

"Good morning, Colby." He replied, also smiling back at me.

Daddy made me some pancakes that looked like a heart. It was a little funky but I loved them. He sat them in front of me, then poured syrup on top. "Thank you." I told him.

"You're welcome, baby." He said, ruffling my hair.

"How'd you get him to have such good manners?" Uncle Elton asked, leaning against the counter.

"I just told him say please, thank you, you're welcome, be kind. Stuff like that, he caught on and didn't stop using it." Daddy said smiling. "Colby do you want milk or orange juice?"

"Orange juice, please." I said, taking a bite out of my pancakes. Daddy sat down the little cup of orange juice in front of me, and put his hand on my head for a second. "Tank you." I heard a few of them coo around me, never understanding why they thought my 'baby talk' was so cute.

I ate all my pancakes, and walked over to daddy who was doing dishes. I sat my cup and plate on the counter and looked up at him. "Can I go play, please?"

"Yes, but stay down stairs please." He said, kissing the top of my head.

"I will, daddy." I walked into the front living room and held my Koaly and sat on the ground my toys. I played with my toys for a while, then grew bored. I walked into the game room where everyone was and sat on the couch. "Daddy, I'm bored." I whispered into his ear.

"I'm sorry, what do you wanna do? I can call Kat and see if Jake can come play?" He offered.

"Yes, please. I'd like that." I kissed his cheek, and he walked away to talk on the phone.

He walked back in and sat by me, "They'll be here in a little bit, okay?"

I nodded and he kissed me softly. "Thank you, daddy." He smiled and looked back at the TV. I laid my head on his shoulder and hugged Koaly. My eyes began drooping, and a rush of tired swept through my body. I laid down on the couch, putting my head in daddy's lap.

"Colby, you gotta stay awake. Jake will be here to play soon." Daddy said to me, running his fingers through my hair. I was too comfortable under his touch to move or say anything. "Colby." He said.

I sat up, rubbing my tired eyes. "Sorry, daddy."

"Don't be sorry, you didn't do anything wrong. Just don't ignore me, okay?" I nodded, and hugged Koaly again. After a while there was a knock on the door so I walked out behind daddy. He opened it, and Kat stood there with Jake behind her.