Silent Love -1

(Colby)

As I walked to my new school, my nerves were firing rapidly. I hated being the new kid already, knowing eyes will be on me makes me feel like I'm going to mess everything up.

Immediately going to the office and getting my schedule, I then went to my first hour. Of course, the teacher had to tell the whole entire class to welcome the new student. "Why don't you sit by Sam. Sam raise your hand please?" I nodded, and went to sit next to the blonde boy.

His friend next to him, tapped on his shoulder and moved his hands to do sign language. Guess they didn't know I knew how to sign and I read his hands out of the the corner of my eye.

'He's cute Sam, maybe you should get to know him.' The boy with the man bun signed.

I bit my tongue a little to hide the smile that was trying to form on my lips. 'Shut up, Corey' The blonde signed back, then began blushing. I almost laughed, but tried my hardest to hold it back.

Once the teacher said we could just do whatever, I began doodling on a blank piece of paper. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the blonde boy signing after the guy with the man bun spoke.

I'll have to admit, I eavesdropped a little. "Sam, it's gonna be at my house so you can just go up go my room if you get uncomfortable. You can't miss it, bro." Corey, I believe his name was, said.

'I just don't feel like partying. I always get left behind.' Sam signed back. Was he mute?

Corey, instead of speaking, signed back. 'Ask cutie boy to go with you. He needs friends.' Corey smirked.

'Will you stop with him already.' Sam signed back.

Corey laughed, then I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Hey, I'm Corey. I just thought you being new and everything would need a friend."

I turned to him, both of us looking across Sam. "Yeah, that'd be cool. I'm Colby." I laughed, then had to make it known that I knew what they were signing that whole time. "Oh, and by the way-"

'I know sign language.' I signed, Sam's face went completely red as he jokingly punched Corey in the shoulder.

Corey laughed, and said oops. Sam then rolled his eyes and signed towards me, 'Sorry, I didn't know. He's just being stupid.'

"I'm not stupid!" Corey exclaimed.

'Are, too.' Sam signed back, causing me to laugh a little. 'If you wanna sit by us at lunch feel free.' I nodded, and smiled. Something about this blonde haired boy intrigued me. I just didn't know what.

I walked towards the cafeteria, and became nervous again. Of course they said I could sit next to them, but I'm too nervous to just walk up to them and sit down.

When I walked into the cafeteria, I saw Corey, Sam, and two other guys walking with them. Sam saw me which made me feel slight relief, he tapped Corey and all four set of eyes landed on me. "Hey, Colby!" He called out, we met in the middle and I just smiled. "Colby this is Elton, and Jake." He said, pointing as he said names. "Guys this is Colby, he's new here."

"What's up." Jake said, smiling. He took a bite out of the Snickers bar he was holding, and nudged Elton. "Let's go, guys."

"Come on." Corey said, and we began walking to an empty table. Once we all sat down, I was sat next to Corey with an empty space next to me. "So, Colby where you from?"

"Uhm, Kansas actually. Parents had to move for an- I guess you could say an upgrade in their job."

Everyone just nodded. "You like it in Cali so far?" Jake said, once again smirking. I didn't get why he was smirking. 'He's cute.' Jake signed. This was just, too funny.