Misunderstood

(Colby)

Despite what you hear, my home life is amazing. Of course around school you'll hear that it's so horrible. You'll hear my mom is a drunk and my dad is abusive. You'll hear that my brother is a druggie, I don't even have one. You'll hear I live in a shit hole, I don't.  My house is fairly nice, two stories, victorian style, honestly nice.

You'll also hear that I'm a bad ass that doesn't care about anyone but myself. You'll hear that I myself am a druggie, and I beat anyone up that looks at me wrong. That's false, I'm the one that gets beat up for 'thinking I own this school.' Of course the only thing I do is walk around silently, not talking to anyone.

People say I have bad grades, but I actually don't. I have all A's, and I never have late work. I'm always never late unless I get stopped by jocks or a teacher.

I guess.. I'm just misunderstood.

(Sam)

I sat with my friends at our table in English. Colby Brock walked in before the bell, but of course I'm the only one that realizes he's on time everyday. My friend groups consisted of Devyn, Jake, Brennen, Kat, and Corey. Right now, Corey, Jake, and Kat have the same class as me. 

"Sam? Jesus, We've called your name ten times, you good?" Jake said laughing.

"Yeah, my bad." I turned towards them and joined in on the conversation.

"Bro, I heard Colby was seen by another student smoking weed behind the school like 20 minutes ago. So, he's stoned right now." Corey said, causing us all turn to look at him.

He wasn't doing anything, he was just tapping his pencil on his desk. "He's probably a dick because of his dad being so abusive. Maybe we could be his friend." Kat suggested.

"Are you crazy!? He'd beat our ass for saying 'hello.'" I said to her, and everyone agreed with a nod of their head.

"Well, maybe we should investigate. I wanna see how bad his home life is. Maybe we'll understand why he's the way he is." Kat said back. 

"Agreed." Jake said, "Let's follow him after school, we gotta figure more out about this dude." We all nodded in agreement, and hatched our plan.

At lunch we told everyone about our plan and they agreed, 'everyone' consisting of Devyn and Brennen who weren't there for the conversation. It was all planned, after school we would follow Colby Brock.

Throughout the day, we kept our eye on him a little, and he seemed to be chill. He probably couldn't find anyone to beat up.

When the day finally ended, we all met out front of the school and waited, finally he walked out the doors and began walking. "Come on!" Devyn whispered. He didn't notice the group following him, we stayed back and hid so he wouldn't.

"Guys, I live right down that road," I said pointing towards a road we passed, they obvious knew where I lived, "There's no way he lives around here."

"That's weird." Brennen said, and we all agreed as we continued walking. He walked farther, and stopped at a fairly big house, grabbing the mail and walking inside. "No fucking way." Brennen said.

"This is all wrong. Maybe he helps clean or something? He doesn't live here." Jake said after.

"Guys.." We all saw Kat pointing, and followed her finger. The mailbox clearly had 'Brock' in stickers on the side of it. "He lives here. So what do we do now."