Religious

(Sam)

Colby and I became best friends at a young age, our families went to the same church so we started playing one day and became friends. That soon made our parents become friends.

Our parents were super religious, making them clearly homophobic. I honestly was at one point but... I kissed Colby last night. He got really nervous and ran, so now I don't know what to do. We're both 17, if I was 18 I'd definitely not be going to church anymore.

Colby on the other hand is confusing, one moment he'll seem religious and innocent and the next he's lying to his parents or something. To him, lying to his parents is huge.

His family came to my house, we are all sat around the living room. It was awkward with Colby and I because of last night. "Sam?" My mom said, our parents chuckled at my zone out moment.

"Yeah, mom?" I asked, of course being polite. Which is an eyeroll, but mentally of course.

"You and Colby should go to your room and hang out." She smiled lightly, and his parents nodded as to agree.

"Right, yeah." I stood up, and began towards the stairs. "Come on, Colby." I acted like nothing was wrong, because if they noticed they would ask repeatedly and it'd be a huge mess.

We walked up to my room, and sat on my bed. It was silent for a while, then I decided I had to say something. "Are you mad at me?"

He fumbled with the bottom of his shirt, then looked at me. "I-I don't think so.. I just don't get why you did it. We're not allowed to.. to be like that, you and I." His hands moved up to play with his small cross pendant that hung from a small chain around his neck. I had one as well, but I kept it tucked into my shirt. "It's wrong." He whispered, just barely being able to hear it.

"What if it's not?" I piped. I believed I was in love with him, and I also believe that God wouldn't have made me this way if he didn't want it to happen this way. "Colby.. I know I'm gay. I took time and I figured myself out. But don't you think God allowed me to be this way because it's who he wanted me to be. If it's so wrong, he wouldn't had made me this way." I tried to explain it so he'd understand.

"M-Maybe.. but." His eyebrows furrowed with confusion. "Kiss me again."

My eyes widen as his ocean blue eyes stare into mine. I moved forward, and placed my hand behind his neck. I pulled him close, and placed my lips on his. I moved them after a while, and he did the same. Eventually, his arms snake around my neck and mine placed on his hips. I felt something, something that a two days ago I would've told I'd never ever experience with a male.

His tongue flicked against my bottom lip, it surprised me when he did it. I didn't think he'd be one to further it. I was about to allow it, but before I could my bedroom door swung open and my mother shrieked. "SAMUEL!"

Colby and I both jumped back, we gawked at the door where our mothers stood. Colby's mom stomped into my room and grabbed Colby's wrist, pulling him out of my arms. "Mother, wait. Please." I heard him pleading.

I tried to stand up and follow, but my mom stopped me. I heard them leave, and my father stomped up asking what happened. "Him and Cole were kissing. Kissing! Samuel I cannot believe you, that is.. it's." She let her face fall into her hands. "Are you gay?"

I took a deep breath, do I tell them and risk it? my eyes filled with tears. "Y-Yes, mom."

Her face fell, disappointment washed over her. "Well, don't think that way. Because you are not. You will not talk to Colby again." They left, closing my door behind them.