Chapter 3: London calling

***

I don't know London that well so I apologize for any stupid mistake I've made about the city.

***

The moment they land, three black SUVs come to pick them up and drive them to the heart of London. BH has rented a large apartment near Piccadilly circus. Jimin watches the tourists hurry from one place to another, the cool polluted air making their long coats whirl and twist. The wind is strong, soon joined by heavy rain.

They are accompanied to the top ninth floor of a building, where a beautifully decorated apartment sits, same kind of modern furniture BH likes. The living room offers a perfect view of the city, as do the four adjacent rooms. The most impressive is reserved to Jungkook, Jimin's eye catching on the comfortable looking double bed. The rest of them bunk in twin beds, two in each room. August with J-Hope, Jin with Namjoon, and V with Jimin. Not that they got to choose their new roommates.

They just have time to drop their bags before they are called for a briefing in the living room.

"Here are the rules," one of BH's men starts. "One, you've each been equipped with a tracker, plus, we will be watching from the apartment across the street, so we'll know whenever one of you leaves. Don't try to remove the chip or... well, I'm sure you can guess. Two, you're not allowed to let anyone in unless given express permission. Three, communications with the exterior world are limited to what the boss authorizes. If I catch any of you with a different cellphone than the one you're given, I'll break your arm."

"Wouldn't that prevent us from doing our job?" V asks.

Jimin smiles. He likes him.

The muscular idiot frowns and designates V with a jerk of his head. "You want your arm intact, stop interrupting me."

V makes a faux-scared face and his eyes find Jimin's. He winks.

The debrief ends as quickly. They hand them their "phones" and a sort of talkie-walkie, as well as a set of files and other important documents. They end their visit by a private word with Jungkook and he's given a box of his own, the rest of them have orders not to touch.

They wait for the men to leave before they end back up in their rooms, Jimin following Namjoon to his. The hacker folds his clothes neatly before he goes to set up his equipment in the living-room. He passes a note to Jimin before he leaves, reminding him that there are microphones everywhere here.

He decides to let the others know and goes to their rooms to inform them by handing them the note. August is the only one who nods seeing the paper, knowing in advance what is written on there without even reading it.

So, it is true. Namjoon and August have worked together before.

They meet in the living room once they are set, August hanging by the piano with a bottle of scotch he's probably stolen from the plane, V throwing a ball back and forth against a wall, Jungkook reviewing the files left by his father's men on the couch next to Namjoon, J-Hope standing awkwardly on the side and watching them all, Jin, arms crossed over his chest, next to him.

"Okay, everyone. Listen up," Namjoon starts. Everyone stops doing what they are doing and turns to him, focused. "What we're set to do is nearly impossible. We'll only pull this off if we work together, if we trust each other."

On the side, August snickers and Namjoon judges him silently before resuming. "We need to know all of our strengths and weaknesses. Which means you are going to need to introduce yourselves and talk..." he turns towards August and adds "to each other."

August has a pinched expression before he drinks a sip and clears his throat. "RM will explain the details of the plan, brief you on what you need to do. I'm just here to make sure you do what you're told and bring yourselves back home. Alive."