Chapter 13: Jour-J

***

alllllllllrightttttt.
D-Day, my darlings.
*drum rolls*
*The Black Keys' lonely boy playing in the distance*
*me typing this like an idiot*

***

Suga exhales, steadying himself.

The gun barrel pushes against the muscles of his back.

He doesn't have to turn around to know who is holding it.

He closes his eyes, mentally readying his muscles.

The second skin slips on naturally, and when he opens them back, he is no longer Suga.

He is August D.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 hours earlier.

"How many times must I tell you? I did not kill BH's men,"

Namjoon stares at August suspiciously. He's having trouble believing him. Because if it's not him, then who?

He has spent ten days watching him closely. Nothing has changed. BH's men haven't reappeared, but no one came to replace them either. They've come to neglect the microphones, speaking their minds more frequently.

Even Namjoon has grown careless. It doesn't help him sleep at night.

The question had been whether or not they should carry on with the hit. August had argued that whoever was talking to BH, if it wasn't his men, still wanted them to go through with stealing the jewels. Running, even without their trackers, would have consequences.

August feared BH wasn't their only problem now. The police was probably next in line if they didn't steal those jewels.

The person behind BH's men's disappearance wasn't hiding. They were controlling them from afar. And August knew a little something about that. So, he had insisted that they carried on like nothing had happened.

Except something has happened. Something that is eating away at Namjoon.

He's missed something, again. They cannot afford to mess up, to neglect their adversaries. It isn't just BH now, it is someone else.

But who?

"I don't know either, RM," August watches him with dark eyes. He hasn't said anything, but he doesn't need to. August has guessed what's troubling him.

This ghost, shadow pressuring them, makes Namjoon's skin crawl with anticipation. Something is going to happen to them.

"Do you have a plan?" he asks, focusing back on the present. August slides his suit jacket on and examines the discreet earpiece. "Which plan are we talking about now?"

Namjoon shakes his head. He types the letters BH on his phone and shows them to August. The man takes a quick look, sliding the earpiece in. "Yeah, I do."

"Well?" Namjoon wants to hear it. He wants in. August shakes his head. "I'm not telling you. You'll just have to trust me," he smiles without really smiling, showing Namjoon that there's nothing left to discuss.

You can't out-negotiate a stubborn asshole like August.

Namjoon sighs, watching as August distances himself. "China to the coms. Can you hear me Brazil?"

"I can hear you fine," Namjoon rolls his eyes. He chose the Seven Wonders of the World as their code names. Not his brightest idea.

August is the great wall of China, J-Hope the Italian colosseum, V Chechen Itza in Mexico, Jimin the Indian Taj Mahal, Jungkook the Machu Picchu in Peru, Jin Petra in Jordan and Namjoon the Christ Redeemer in Brazil.