Chapter 17: Eye for an eye

***

Warning for violence.

Stay safe my darlings <3

***

The truck runs steadily on the road, the structure shaking under their feet with the roar of the motor. An opaque silence devours the compartment. Two men, dressed in black, carrying two rutilant guns guard the most recent shipment. Crates pile up, strapped to metal, series number painted in blood red on the side. There is no way to know what they carry exactly, but Jimin can easily guess contraband.

Sited across from the three prisoners, four other men, watching them silently. One is caught up in a staring competition with Namjoon. The hacker's head is high, his eyes unforgiving, his hands closed into fists resting on his knees. Beside him, the doctor is seemingly sleeping, head falling over his chest and legs extended on the surface. Jimin sits on Namjoon's other side, legs crossed and head thrown back against the structure.

Jimin twists his wrists to relieve the pressure off his skin. The chain is tied to the floor by two rings of metal, making it impossible for him to move.

The man directly across from him avoids his gaze and the bruise on his cheek. He had knocked him out when he'd screamed to warn the others. Jimin had woken up on the plane, strapped to his chair. Not much room to move, very limited access to the bathroom.

Still, Jimin had bargained. He knew the road after the plane ride would leave very limited time or consideration for basic human needs.

Speaking of needs, his stomach grumbles. He puts a hand over his pajama shirt and winces in pain. He's forgotten what hunger feels like. It is not a nice way to be reminded.

The truck slows down and the cargo shakes as the course changes. They're almost there.

None of them have uttered a word. They can't speak, nor they feel the need to. There is nothing to say, really. Not in these circumstances.

The six men standing in silence, watching them, are only half of the team that attacked them. Seven remained in London, to look for the others. There is very little chance they will find them. London is a big city, and their friends are more than capable.

He doubts they will come back for them. Jungkook would be throwing himself right back in the lion's cage, same for August. He secretly hopes they do, because he doesn't want to spend the rest of his life like this.

If there is a life left to live.

He closes his eyes, an image of Richard dancing before his eyelids. He is glad he didn't involve him in this. He sends a silent prayer, to keep him safe. Far away from Jimin.

The truck comes to a stop then and the men tense. A magical hand pulls them up, one by one, slides on the mask of emotionless control over their faces.

The doors of the truck open, blinding them momentarily. Jimin blinks away the light as the man before him removes the lock on his chains. Jimin stands and follows him out, jumping off onto the green luxurious grass.

From this angle, the house looks stunning in the distance. The park, colorful and prosperous, shields the white building from prying eyes. A few cars line up next to the truck, rutilant trophies of a successful businessman. The setting resembles Blackburn manor, without the class and assurance of English prosperity.

Next to what he has seen of luxury, this screams nouveau-riche.

Jimin lets himself be pulled forward, to the ominous open door of the modern house. He can hear Namjoon and Jin's chains clink behind him. It is a surprisingly reassuring sound.