Chapter 12: J-10

***

Thank you to everyone who has made it so far!

I've wanted to change the pace for a while now. I feel like i'm boring you. So, let's spice things up, shall we?

***

"Listen up!" RM calls out for them to gather in the living room.

Taehyung watches Jimin sink in the sofa. He's been feeling down lately, even if he's trying to hide it. Jin comes to sit next to him, facing RM. J-Hope is leaning against the wall, arms crossed over his chest. On the other side of the room, August is nursing a bottle, legs propped on the piano bench.

Taehyung is standing behind the couch, and he watches as Jungkook comes to stand beside him. Taehyung slides him a look, shuffling closer. Jungkook smiles discreetly, letting his shoulder brush against his.

Those last few days have been nice. They haven't done much, but it's been enough. Taehyung has willed himself to take it slow. Jungkook is difficult to get to, but he is relaxing more and more. A week ago, it would have been impossible for him to do something as small as bump their shoulders in public.

RM clears his throat to draw their attention. He taps a finger on the living-room table and starts to explain, "We have ten days until the gala. It doesn't leave us a lot of time to finish preparing. I'm going to go over the plan for the big night. Everyone, please pay attention. I don't want to have to repeat myself."

He stops, looks up at Jungkook. "Where are we with those replicas?"

Jungkook jumps a little, pulling away a few centimeters. He nods curtly, "Almost done."

"Perfect," RM approves, bowing his head down against his chest, as if to gather his thoughts. Taehyung takes the opportunity to let his fingers come and touch Jungkook's behind the cover of the couch. He is surprised for a second, but then he responds with a fleeting caress. Taehyung wants him to know he's there.

"All right," RM focuses back on all of them and Taehyung listens carefully.

"As far as we know, there will be seventy-three guests, thirty additional bodyguards, a shift around the house every ten minutes and sentinels posted at Blackburn's office during the whole night,"

He designates the reproduction of Richard's handprint on the table, "V and I have worked out the details of the safe. It will take him two minutes and thirteen seconds to open it. Which means our window will be very limited,"

He turns towards the dancer, "The gala starts at eight. J-Hope, you'll arrive at nine. The private showing doesn't start before ten, so hopefully you will have time to mingle and make yourself seen without looking suspiciously late,"

The dancer nods, and RM continues, "Since you chose to contribute to Blackburn's cause, you'll donate and see the jewels at ten twenty. Jungkook will try on the ring, and at ten forty precisely, he'll cause a scene. The idea is that Jungkook will get pissed at you for not having proposed to him yet,"

Jungkook stiffens beside him, pulling his hand away. Taehyung gives him a quick look, but the younger avoids his gaze distinctly.

"You've got to be loud. Jungkook," the dark eyes turn to watch him. "You know the drill. I need at big fight, enough to have bodyguards rush inside."

Jungkook doesn't answer. He knows the plan, probably better than RM does. Still, he doesn't seem to like his role.

"August," the blond doesn't answer, but RM goes on all the same. "You'll need to take care of Patrick beforehand. It's important he isn't at his best, so you can smuggle V in."