How about some snacks and Chai?

'Deepaliiiiii.....

Did kaka(uncle) deliver samosas. It's almost 3:30 they will be here by 4 and is Saanjh ready? Please check on her'

Janvi was all on her toes running to organise things all so excited to set this first meeting perfect.

She was hoping that this new beginning to Saanjh's life post her unworthy son Ehsaan who hurt her daughter so much would get a little better.

Yes.... deep wounds can't be healed at times but before they become septic it's best to chop that part of for survival. That's what she did to Ehsaan.

He was no longer the heir of Arora family. Saanjh was her daughter now.

Deepali was Saanjh's mom but was overwhelmed seeing Janvi run around to have Saanjh perfectly set for her big day.

Deepali - Janvi.... relax...it will all be ok..I have asked Saanjh to get ready but you know her. Atleast iam glad she agreed to meet this guy

Janvi sat down at once... moving her fingers on her forehead a little tensed...she held Deepali's hands in her hand

'Deepali ...you know she agreed only for Mummyji's (Deepali's mom in law - Ehsaan's grandmother) sake... I still don't know how will all this work out.

'Dont worry all will be ok' they heard a strong voice behind them. It was Janvi's husband (Saanjh's ex father in law). He just returned from office and he confirmed that the Malhotra's will be here in an hour.

Chai and snacks were waiting for this first meeting....or are we waiting surprises....

Saanjh's POV -

I hate this...I just don't want this wedding...
Why
Again?

I went through this before...

I don't know what is everyone's problem in life. I work in a MNC for 20lpa just when I am 6 years experienced. But mom dad mummyji and papaji still believe marriage is essential...I can't lead alone life...why?

Isn't Mrs Lewis (her US tech lead) a single mother... isn't she happy or successful..why this society believes only a marriage and 'so called love' gives you happiness.

Ask me...
It's all pain

Cheating...
For that matter you are married or not...
Old thoughts striked her mind

'You may earn 8lpa Saanjh but she's an NRI...a green card holder..I will be happiest with her and after all she's my first girlfriend...'

Those words still echoed in her ears even after 4 years of the marriage mess she was in

So much she suffered in this marriage game..from humiliation to extra marital affair... and what not... finally a divorce that went a year almost...

Everyone thinks she got her time...3 years is enough to mend a broken heart and trust...!??? Really???

Her memories took her to another memory lane saying 'is first Love really something memorable and gives happiness.. coz she was screwed... she believed marriage or courtship both can hurt you and there is only 1 form of pure love that's family'

Her husband or for that matter her previous relationship was like a blood sucking leech in her life... sucking her blood till she exhausted and drowned into her laptop'

She heard Deepali ask her to dress up... she's like this much fancy dress isnt enough or what for the 'so-called suitor' and why the heck is a girl expected to look like a Christmas tree infront of a suitor.
And specially in her case when she doesn't even care and knows this wedding is bound to happen as it's all for her dying Daadi (Ehsaan's grandmother) who wanted to make sure her darling daughter is now in safe hands.

So a random guy who is Mahesh Chachu(uncle) 's recommendation is been chosen. Uncle preached of him belonging to prestigious family, BLA BLA BLA...as if Ehsaan wasn't rich enough...But didn't he screw up...huhh...these rich brats made of nothing but their fathers money and family name...loosers!!! They achieve 0 in life!'

She was more than happy with her Bangalore job and salary.

But the family got them a proposal from a Bangalore based punjabi family itself. Like what wooow ... skills for matchmaking business Mahesh Chachu had..... she thought. Found a south based Punjabi family settled in Bangalore for ages...that's talent...

wish someone could find a solution to her dilemma like this of how to get rid of this mess!!! She would pay them higher she thought'

She was least bothered and walked down the stairs with her same white salwar suit ...hair left open as usual with a chic chain and tiny studs in her ear.

Her both mother's were shocked and started questioning left and right.

Ignoring all the questions she went to the door saying she is going to the hospital.

Her father Mr Arjun Chopra had just stepped in with a bag of sweets and asked her raising his eyebrows questioning 'where' to which she said
'Away from this circus!!!'

It's when Jahnvi stopped her asking her to stay back and she said "Sorry mummyji I have done this modelling before... Last time infront of Ehsaan who ditched me after 3 years of marriage..like it was some joke' And now I'm not ready for it...

Jahnvi asked - you mean you are not ready for this.!?? Worry and tension showed up on their faces

To which Saanjh smiled saying 'There is no importance of this marriage in my life. I don't want this.

But this is only for daadi's sake as it's her only wish now and if that relieves her thinking she settled me before she goes then...fine...if that gives my daadi few days extra then fine....

I know her cancer at this stage can't be cured she'll stop talking in a few months ...tears filled her eyes and her throat was full... gulping in she said...'Im in!!!Get this guy or anyone in wedding hall...I'll marry him. But don't expect this meet greet crap from me mummyji'

' The only love I feel and know is you folks and daadiji... I can do anything for your happiness... push me into a well and I'll not question twice.. just jump!!!'

Deepali pulled her back holding her right hand stopping her
' you mean you don't even want to see him? We want you to be happy beta (child)'

Taking a deep breath and letting out Saanjh said 'Ma, I'm happy...really... But if you think love and marriage will make me merrier and jumping around and running around trees??? Sorry ma... marriage is not my cup of tea'

' I'm going to meet daadiji visiting hours begin at 5. And...it's a yes from my side. Fix it up whenever you want I DON'T CARE!!!'

She left the house storming through leaving Deepali in tears.

'What marriage is this Janvi... she doesn't care about whom she's marrying... what are we going to answer Malhotra's'

Janvi could only console her worrying that the family could be here anytime.

Authors note-

Wounds that are deeper can't be healed easily..it requires patience ...but sometimes when the patient never wants to get it treated...it should be operated...just to keep the patient alive...

Similarly some decisions can be hurtful quick in a rush but are required seeing the state of situation.